• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REDUCED!! JIM STERANKO - Both rare issues of Genii Magazine 1962 and 1964

4 posts in this topic

These items are VERY unusual. These books caused a sensation in the magic world when released, and were printed in limited quantities, for industry people only.

In 1962, Steranko published STACKED DECK (as part of Genii magazine), a 20 page book of revolutionary card magic that was written, designed, illustrated and photographed by him.

In 1964, he upped the ante with STERANKO'S WORLD OF ESCAPES (part of Genii Magazine). 47 pages written, designed, photographed and illustrated by Steranko. Yes, it's true that Steranko influenced Kirby to create Mister Miracle.

These books are super rare, needless to say. Highly sought after by hardcore Steranko collectors. If I have time, I'll post interior photos. I'm going to sell these books as a pair:

1962 issue: Fine condition, flat, has small chip out bottom right cover. Pages beautiful.

1964 issue: Fine- condition, wavy top right corner throughout book due to moisture, otherwise beautiful pages and attractive cover.

$210 REDUCED TO $190 shipped to U.S. address for both books. If in Canada, add $10. Overseas, please PM first.

:takeit: takes it

img_352_zps8bcc5a7a.jpg

IMG_9748_zps5ukwe8iu.jpg

IMG_9749_zpsjmsdct7s.jpg

IMG_9750_zpsjrptydy4.jpg

IMG_9751_zpsfolv6vue.jpg

IMG_9752_zpsmla3p8pz.jpg

img_353_zps13c3aaeb.jpg

IMG_9754_zpsr0mdkbuh.jpg

IMG_9756_zpsfldhzdkm.jpg

IMG_9757_zpskuhbnmtn.jpg

IMG_9759_zpseztalihk.jpg