• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catwoman #1 (2002) CGC 9.8

6 posts in this topic

I am a bit of a Darwyn Cooke fan and have been looking for his Catwoman books in 9.8 for a while. Selling prices for #1 are really erratic. GP has anywhere from $10-$116 for the book over the last few years. ( This one on eBay is an old label and listed at $99 OBO right now)

The book is worth what someone is willing to pay...but I was just curious what the board thought. I was going to offer a fair bit less than $99. There are 48 copies in 9.8 that have been graded. I have to believe there are a lot more in the wild. Maybe I should just get one of those and send it in??

I am a bit of a Darwyn Cooke fan and have been looking for his Catwoman books in 9.8 for a while. Selling prices for #1 are really erratic. GP has anywhere from $10-$116 for the book over the last few years. ( This one on eBay is an old label and listed at $99 OBO right now)

The book is worth what someone is willing to pay...but I was just curious what the board thought. I was going to offer a fair bit less than $99. There are 48 copies in 9.8 that have been graded. I have to believe there are a lot more in the wild. Maybe I should just get one of those and send it in??

Well, there are probably a few 10.0's in the wild, so why not take the chance? If you're a big DCooke fan it's a win-win. :grin: I'm pretty sure I have a sweet copy, but it hasn't even made the Mylar cut-off yet.

I loved this run. Brubaker's Catwoman is great, and you can't go wrong with Cooke. It certainly can't hurt to make the seller an offer.

I have a couple pages of original art from #1, Reno. I'll post them up later tonight.

I loved this run. Brubaker's Catwoman is great, and you can't go wrong with Cooke. It certainly can't hurt to make the seller an offer.

I have a couple pages of original art from #1, Reno. I'll post them up later tonight.

Here's the artwork Reno! I have another page...not sure what issue its from. I *think* these pages are from issue #1...I don't have one handy to double check.

Catwoman_Art_1.jpg

Catwoman_Art_2.jpg