• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ten Most Important X-Men Books

58 posts in this topic

I was wondering what people viewed as the ten most important X-Men books - by important I do not necessarily mean most expensive but rather most important. I decided this would be a good bronze age topic since the X-Men really took off int he bronze age (but despite that there are some key Silver Age books on my list).

Also, you can include books like Hulk 181 (even-though not an X-Men book, since Wolverine is obviously one of the most important X-Men). That being said I am talking importance to the X-Men overall not just one character

Here is my list:

(1) X-Men 1 (1963 - 1st Series)

(2) GSXM 1

(3) Hulk 181

(4) X-Men 94

(5) X-Men 14

(6) X-Men 101

(7) X-Men 4

(8) X-Men 12

(9) X-Men 141/142 (kind of cheated - but the storyline is the key)

(10) X-Men 1 (1991 Series)

Really don't know if X-Men 1 (1991 Series) should be on this list - but I thought one copper book should be, and Jim Lee's run really did change the X-Men/introduce a team that fans loved.

If you want to have a copper book why not NM 98? Far more significant a book than the 1991 x men 1.

How about X-Men 266?

That too. Except some may quibble over x men annual 14. Based on value and overall popularity I would still probably give the edge to NM 98.

-J.

(10) X-Men 1 (1991 Series)

:roflmao:

I know it is ridiculous - when I typed it I thought so as well. But it did bring in a new team, bring new storylines/characters, and launch the second major X-Men book (after Uncanny). But it felt so wrong and weird putting it on the list hahahaha

If you want to have a copper book why not NM 98? Far more significant a book than the 1991 x men 1.

-J.

Is deadpool significant for the X-Men - serious question never read a thing with Deadpool in it? NM98 is no doubt a "key" book but I just don't see it as important to the X-Men. I would think New Mutants 87 well before NM98.

X-Men 120 and 121 - I wanted to put on, but I already cheated with 141/142 so went with a copper book :) (which I kind of regret hahahaha)

Then X-Men 121 with the full reveal. X-Men 141 is the key issue there.

I was also thinking X-Men 109 and just couldn't decide .... so it was easier to do away with the 1st appearances ...

-J.

Is deadpool significant for the X-Men - serious question never read a thing with Deadpool in it? NM98 is no doubt a "key" book but I just don't see it as important to the X-Men. I would think New Mutants 87 well before NM98.

X-Men 120 and 121 - I wanted to put on, but I already cheated with 141/142 so went with a copper book :) (which I kind of regret hahahaha)

Your original criteria was "important x men books" not "books that are important to the x men". The distinction may be subtle and the two may overlap many times, but there is a difference. NM 98, as part of a "key" spin off title, qualifies for your list based on your original criteria, but not perhaps based on the revised criteria in your post above. (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

Your original criteria was "important x men books" not "books that are important to the x men". The distinction may be subtle and the two may overlap many times, but there is a difference. NM 98, as part of a "key" spin off title, qualifies for your list based on your original criteria, but not perhaps based on the revised criteria in your post above. (thumbs u

-J.

In my original post I said this:

"Also, you can include books like Hulk 181 (even-though not an X-Men book, since Wolverine is obviously one of the most important X-Men). That being said I am talking importance to the X-Men overall not just one character"

So I don't think I revised my criteria ....

How about X-Men 266?

v

If non-Xmen titles qualify, why not include Ironfist 14? Maybe they should all be excluded, including Hulk 181. :baiting: