• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers #22

4 posts in this topic

Some help needed with this please. I'm selling it and although it's low grade I would still like the forum's input as it has a fault I've not come across before. That being a spine tear of about 2" (1 inch front cover, 1 inch back cover) which goes right through the book. It's almost as if some 60's wanabee Charles Atlas decided that phone books were too tough and took it out on this poor comic instead. The tear runs through Cap's shield. There's a 1/4 inch spine tear lower down as well but thankfully that's just a normal one. Everything is still attached however. Page quality is, ironically, good. Off-white to white.

scan0016_zpsmira2yyw.jpg

scan0015_zpsqibo7mbj.jpg

It's almost as if some 60's wanabee Charles Atlas decided that phone books were too tough and took it out on this poor comic instead.

lol

I have a book just like that...very hard to grade but I will take a crack

Without the tear i would say a 2.5/3.0 because of the bad spine/roll. With the tear a 1.5/1.8

1.5 is my thinking due to the tear of course but also the significant wear/abrasions, creasing, spine roll, and other splits/tears on the spine.

But I wouldn't put it past CGC to gift grade a 2.0 like they did on that TTA 13 in the grading contest that had chunks of the cover and interior page missing. That book did have better condition than this one overall if you take the full book tear and equate it to the chunks missing.