• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Giant Size X-men #1

9 posts in this topic

looks like it would be in the 4.0 possibly 4.5, basing this on the heavy reading crease on the spine, and the small amount of paper loss, heavy crease going into Collosus' arm, edge tears/thumb creases, light color breaking crease LRCFC. BC doesn't look too band other than the soiling.

Of course I could be a grade or two off considering I've been under grading in the contest.

Mike DeChellis of Hero Restoration pressed a copy of this comic for me. He told me that this comic is notorious for bad glue jobs and that he frequently receives copies for pressing. I resubbed a 7.5 after pressing and got a slight bump out of it. The waviness, similar to yours, was gone, and if not for a slight tear, I'd have likely gotten another .5 out of it.

But yeah, such a desirable comic, and an important one. I'd have it pressed and cleaned before subbing for sure.