• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth it to CGC?

23 posts in this topic

Likewise, I had never heard that CGC accepted pre-screens of less than 50 books.

So lay off the vitriol.

In my case, I have a bunch ~10 obscure Bronze books that I'd like to pre-screen at 9.2, but was under the impression that I needed minimum 50 (at a 9.2-level sub) to hit the minimum threshold.

You know, like it says on their site...

Eh, for the record, my response was a tad unfriendly due to Divad's unwarranted, out of the blue personal attack on myself.

It was directed at Divad, and not to the original poster, or any other members of this forum.I do not take favor to anyone insinuating that I am a hack, so I responded to Divad's comments in na aptly fitting fashion.

I also believe , as Lord Rahl stated in the last post in this thread, that the links provided by Divad regarding CGC's pre-screening services are out of date.

I'd suggest giving CGC a call and ask them about pre-screening the 10 books you referred to :)

Pre-screening is not free, it is a service that CGC does indeed charge for.Considering that CGC is a profit oriented business, one would think they would want to offer as many secondary services as possible, in turn increasing their revenue.

I spoke with CGC customer service in April about pre-screening options on a *small* submission of 5 books that I handed in at the Big Apple Con, back in March.I only was considering pre-screening 2 books of the 5 books that I had subbed.I opted to have CCS clean & press them, instead of having pre-screening done.

The CGC rep told me that they would be willing to pre-screen 2 (of the 5 books) that I had submitted back in March.There was a fee for pre-screening that was quoted to me, I can't recall the prices but they were fair.

FTR:

I spoke with a *** live person*** i.e. I did not get my information from a web page.

Likewise, I had never heard that CGC accepted pre-screens of less than 50 books.

So lay off the vitriol.

In my case, I have a bunch ~10 obscure Bronze books that I'd like to pre-screen at 9.2, but was under the impression that I needed minimum 50 (at a 9.2-level sub) to hit the minimum threshold.

You know, like it says on their site...

Eh, for the record, my response was a tad unfriendly due to Divad's unwarranted, out of the blue personal attack on myself.

You are such a child. Everything you post is incorrect. You should think more and write less. :grin: