• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there an issue of Scarlet Spider that might increase in value over the years?

3 posts in this topic

I am interested in what people here think of any of the old scarlet spider comics? Will any of them increase in value even though they are modern comics, and most don't have much $$ value? Ben Reilly was the Spider-Man I grew up on and I still hope to see Marvel bring him back for good, but until then I have bought so many comics involving the scarlet spider that I wonder if any will have the pontential to increase in value or maintain their value.

I am interested in what people here think of any of the old scarlet spider comics? Will any of them increase in value even though they are modern comics, and most don't have much $$ value? Ben Reilly was the Spider-Man I grew up on and I still hope to see Marvel bring him back for good, but until then I have bought so many comics involving the scarlet spider that I wonder if any will have the pontential to increase in value or maintain their value.
Except for Web of Spider-Man #118,119 I don't see any going up in value any time soon. Maybe The recent Scarlet Spider #1 where kaine takes up the mantle, but other then that, no.

It seems that other than a character popping up in a movie, which provides a temporary spike, the only other thing that affects prices are the first appearance of a character that's used significantly over the course of time. There are too many spider derivatives for Ben Reilly to have a significant impact, in my mind.