• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T.O.S. #48,BATMAN #155,SGT. FURY & ADDING OTHERS CLOSED

54 posts in this topic

I am happy that I own more holy grails then most have even seen but I work very hard to acquire these nice pieces of paper history.

everyone starts as a noobie on any site but trying to lowball or be disrespectful is not the way to get to know that person too see if there legit or not.

communication is the key and starting a rapport in that manner sours even the sweetest of fruit.

that's why I ended my posts and i'm not listing anymore.

the future of the hobby is going to the dogs

Listen bud I'm new like you and went thru what you're going thru but you're being too sensitive. This place is 100 times better to list than ebay. Ebay charges 10% and is a pain to deal with. Post books here that are worth 0-$1000 and start off at a decent price and negotiate from there. Trust me you can quickly build a reputation and make money. You can't try to get a premium for every single book. But as you build you're feedback or "Kudos" here you will make money and be happy. Good luck man, don't take things so personal.

I started with lower priced books and even on those people were trying get them for nothing.

What really started me on the warpath was the Batman #155 offer I got

He offered $160.00 and I asked him did he know that the last sale on GPA was $350.00 and he said yes

even I wouldn't have made that kind of offer

I would rather keep my books then have to listen to peoples ignorance and non realistic fantasy offer's

I have been successful for over 25 years and I'll continue to be successful until I die

I have witnessed watching comic book stores open then close I have seen 5 comic book stores close(1 owner) because of there buying and selling practices

The 1 thing that bothers me the most is comic book stores and eBay sellers pricing there raw books according to GPA last sales

I get a lot of my comics from those stores (store closing sales)

everybody should take what they do personally it shows the respect and it lets people know that your passionate in all aspects of the job not just the money.

I'm a respectful and passionate person but the 1 thing that seperates me from most is integrity

I do things that most people would never do I help educate those who don't know,If it cost's me a little more that's ok too but I promise you they will call me first when its time too sell something else.

I appreciate your comments and will take them to heart.

God Bless and take care

I started with lower priced books and even on those people were trying get them for nothing.

What really started me on the warpath was the Batman #155 offer I got

He offered $160.00 and I asked him did he know that the last sale on GPA was $350.00 and he said yes

even I wouldn't have made that kind of offer

I would rather keep my books then have to listen to peoples ignorance and non realistic fantasy offer's

I have been successful for over 25 years and I'll continue to be successful until I die

I have witnessed watching comic book stores open then close I have seen 5 comic book stores close(1 owner) because of there buying and selling practices

The 1 thing that bothers me the most is comic book stores and eBay sellers pricing there raw books according to GPA last sales

I get a lot of my comics from those stores (store closing sales)

everybody should take what they do personally it shows the respect and it lets people know that your passionate in all aspects of the job not just the money.

I'm a respectful and passionate person but the 1 thing that seperates me from most is integrity

I do things that most people would never do I help educate those who don't know,If it cost's me a little more that's ok too but I promise you they will call me first when its time too sell something else.

I appreciate your comments and will take them to heart.

God Bless and take care

:takeit:

On an unrelated note, I can't think of any other person who hopes to buy comics for less than 50% of their expected resale value....wait hold on...I thought of one.

Its EVERY SINGLE COMIC BOOK STORE IN AMERICA. And EVERY SINGLE SUCCESSFUL COMIC DEALER IN THE WORLD. No they don't do it in every case, and sometimes there's bulk involved (sometimes not), but they ALL DO IT.

Clearly you've been successful at something for a very long time, so maybe sticking with that is the best way to go. But I think you should tell someone you know and objectively trust to read through this thread and tell you how you're coming off.

Very few serious buyers on here -- and with the number of books I've bought over the last several years, I'll consider myself one of them -- are going to be buying books $100 or more without a high resolution scan from a seller who's been registered on this site for less time than I've kept milk in my refrigerator. And if that sounds harsh, it's meant to be constructive criticism -- that's just the way it is, and with the number of scams that new sellers have tried to pull here, it's completely understandable.

On the sales threads I've run, I did scans for my $1 books. I can't imagine being surprised if I didn't get full-price offers for one if I didn't do provide a scan on a several hundred dollar book. (shrug)

The "woe is me, you guys all suck" take won't do you any favors, either. I'm as laid back a member here, with any number of serious seller/dealers who'll vouch for my general disposition and professional attitude when dealing, and despite needing/wanting some of the issues you have listed, there's no way I'm buying without A) more of a reference point for who you are and your business reputation and/or B) better pictures of what you're trying to move. It's as simple as that. And I know I'm not alone.

Take that as you will. Just trying to be helpful. (shrug)

that's why comic book stores are going away

and people like me are taking over the private buyer

the biggest comic book stores were started by and with multiple owners who have the money and connections to put your lights out but even there paying 60% or more for holy grails or major keys.

I see what your trying to say but those stores close in less then 2 years

I know ive seen over 15 comic book stores close in the last 2 years

1 store that closed was a central florida chain went from 5 open stores down too 1

I believe getting those grails or keys for less is going going soon to be gone with places like ebay,cgc forum,heritage,comic link heck even George with gpa are letting even the dumbest noobie collector know what the books are worth

its not impossible too get a great deal its just getting harder,i know I do it everyday

wow

now my pics are the cause for ridicule

goodluck

the post is closed

enough is enough

look on ebay books are listed there see if my pics are up to your liking

if not oh well

Was just trying to be helpful but yeah, your pics are a joke.

I'm not listing anything right now

I listed some nice books and the offers were disrespectful

I can't imagine putting up Hulk #1 - #6 all in high grade and getting them smashed....no thanks

I was offered $6,000.00 for an Amazing Fantasy #15 raw 8.0 W/minor restoration (color-touch).

the last 8.0 that sold had major restoration and it sold for over $14,000.00

I simply say to all put in the work I do day in and day out and go find your own deals (or steals) but I promise you some will slam the door in your face

at least I'm being respectful about it.

No matter what, this may not be the venue for you or for those books. You would be better served selling those books on eBay, CLink, Metropolis / Comic Connect or Heritage.

Case in point. I had a few books listed as a set a few weeks ago for $650... no takers.

I listed them over 6 months ago for $450... no takers.

I listed them for $700 on ebay. Sold within a couple of days.

Now... I list everything here first, because I genuinely like the crowd here, and would like to see them go to a good home. However, if then if they don't sell, I raise the price by 10-20% and toss them on eBay where lately they are more likely to sell.

there on ebay now

ive purchased stuff off here but im not selling anything here

which is really too bad I just purchased 2 collections all great grails and keys plus some real nice golden age batman

And you most likely got a good deal buying them here.

I have some thicker skin I'll sell you for a reasonable price.

(but please...no lowball offers or I'm taking my skin and going home).