• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Title with the biggest number of 1st app.

31 posts in this topic

I think there was already a similar thread, and the discussion turned to the significance of these appearances rather than their number.

It should be Fantastic Four, while X-Men has probably the highest number of first appearances counting Copper and Modern as well, but mostly of minor characters. (thumbs u

Probably worth mentioning that inspite of AF 15 being Spider-Man's first appearance, Amazing Spider-Man #'s 1-15, excluding Chameleon and the Enforcers, include 8 noteworthy 1st appearances. There were many significant 1sts after that as well. Kingpin, Punisher, Venom, Gwen, Scorpion, Sinister Six & Morbius to name just a few.

I think my man from Italy nailed it, but I also believe ASM deserves a footnote, if not an honorable mention as well.

I think there was already a similar thread, and the discussion turned to the significance of these appearances rather than their number.

It should be Fantastic Four, while X-Men has probably the highest number of first appearances counting Copper and Modern as well, but mostly of minor characters. (thumbs u

Concise summary Claudio :golfclap:

Probably worth mentioning that inspite of AF 15 being Spider-Man's first appearance, Amazing Spider-Man #'s 1-15, excluding Chameleon and the Enforcers, include 8 noteworthy 1st appearances. There were many significant 1sts after that as well. Kingpin, Punisher, Venom, Gwen, Scorpion, Sinister Six & Morbius to name just a few.

I think my man from Italy nailed it, but I also believe ASM deserves a footnote, if not an honorable mention as well.

I would have thought ASM would have been king here also.

I would have thought ASM would have been king here also.

ASM is the clear winner.

It’s clear that ASM is high on the list as well, but as it was noted, a great number of first apperances in the first 50 issues were also characters that were and remained very relevant for Peter's own life (not supervillains or superheroes) but that did not have the same impact on the other Marvel age titles.

I mean, Alicia is super-important but outside the FF (and Silver Surfer) she obviously did not meet a huge number of other heroes and villains. So we have a good number of characters' from Peter's world that have a similar situation. Again, a question of overall perspective vs. single title. (thumbs u

ASM is the clear winner.

The first discussion was more centered around the first 100-200 issues or so, where the FF prevailed. It might be that ASM is close when you extend the thing through the whole Bronze age and more, but on the pages of the FF there have been undoubtedly laid the bases of the Marvel universe. (thumbs u

If you include entire runs, then I'd say X-Men myself as almost every mutant going has appeared first in that book, and many have gone onto their own titles.

On a slightly different note X-men has to lead the league in spin-offs, right?

If you include entire runs, then I'd say X-Men myself as almost every mutant going has appeared first in that book, and many have gone onto their own titles.

On a slightly different note X-men has to lead the league in spin-offs, right?

That would be my guess. Batman for DC.

This thread is surprisingly and refreshingly devoid of sarcastic comments belittling the OP for asking a legitimate question that was discussed at one point on these boards.
it's early give it time

You fail to understand the cultural significance of Spider-Gwen...

Which seems to be more popular than Gwen....

Forget it...

At many points throughout the marvel universe they started using Spider-man villains in other titles because they are the best villains in the Marvel universe.

You may not particularly like the enforcers but myself and many other collectors would still call that a key issue and even if you don't it's a 1st appearance which is the question at hand.

Just in the first 20 issues you have The Chameleon, The Vulture, Dr. Octopus, The Sandman, The Lizard, Electro, The Enforcers, Mysterio, The Green Goblin, Kraven The Hunter, and The Scorpion and that's only mentioning villains without the other 100's of issues included I would think ASM takes the cake here

At many points throughout the marvel universe they started using Spider-man villains in other titles because they are the best villains in the Marvel universe.

You may not particularly like the enforcers but myself and many other collectors would still call that a key issue and even if you don't it's a 1st appearance which is the question at hand.

Just in the first 20 issues you have The Chameleon, The Vulture, Dr. Octopus, The Sandman, The Lizard, Electro, The Enforcers, Mysterio, The Green Goblin, Kraven The Hunter, and The Scorpion and that's only mentioning villains without the other 100's of issues included I would think ASM takes the cake here

You said the Enforcers twice, which pretty much sinks your argument...

This thread is surprisingly and refreshingly devoid of sarcastic comments belittling the OP for asking a legitimate question that was discussed at one point on these boards.

Very refreshing indeed. The grandstanding and bantering gets pretty tiring after a thread or so.