• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Amazing Spider-Man #30 v2

25 posts in this topic

Hey there :3

With the announcement from Kevin Feige that the new Spider-Man film/films will feature villains we haven’t seen before, does the possibility of the Vampire element pertaining to Morbius, or in this case Morlun, appearing in the film or a future film hold true?

We know that Marvel/Disney wish to develop Blade, whether it be on TV or film; so would this comic (ASM #3 v2) possibly be one to look out for?

What do you think?

All comments are welcomed.

Morlun isn't an appealing bad guy. He just walked around trying to kill Spidey characters. He wasn't conflicted and doesn't have an interesting back story. Part of what is compelling about many of the Spider-Man rogues is how conflicted they are or how they live double lives. It makes for a foil for Spider-Man. That is why characters like Ock, Green Goblin, Lizard, and others are such strong characters. In Peter we see a character driven by guilt and responsibility. In a huge chunk of his rogues, we see characters driven by greed and avarice.

If they use Morlun, I'd be shocked.

It will be Kraven!

Somehow the studios need to figure out how to adapt "Kraven's Last Hunt" as a film. It's one of the most popular tales within the title.

Totally agree this story line is where I fell in love with Kraven. Always considered him a rip off of short story "Most dangerous game". But when this Last Hunt came out, I grew a new respect for the character, and it's too bad they brought him back in such a lacking story. So many other ways they could have done so that might have looked less forced.

Morlun isn't an appealing bad guy. He just walked around trying to kill Spidey characters. He wasn't conflicted and doesn't have an interesting back story. Part of what is compelling about many of the Spider-Man rogues is how conflicted they are or how they live double lives. It makes for a foil for Spider-Man. That is why characters like Ock, Green Goblin, Lizard, and others are such strong characters. In Peter we see a character driven by guilt and responsibility. In a huge chunk of his rogues, we see characters driven by greed and avarice.

They can make him into anything they want in a movie. As I have seen from all of the info. released about the Cap Civil War movie, it will have very little that resembles the comic mini series.

They can make him into anything they want in a movie. As I have seen from all of the info. released about the Cap Civil War movie, it will have very little that resembles the comic mini series.

Really? What gives you that impression?

People loved Civil War. Marvel should try to stick to the source material.

Morlun would be fine with me. I'd prefer to see a well done Carnage and Venom story. Carnage is evil and scary enough to bring out a Dark Knight type of movie. I'd pay double to see that quality again.

While I'd love to see a dark Carnage film, I don't think Sony/Marvel would go for it. They want to pack in the family crowd. Honestly, with a 3 year old I'd prefer it is family friendly too. The Batman films are too dark for my son but he loves all the Marvel films.

It is tough- do you make the quality film or the film that films the theater?

Morlun would be fine with me. I'd prefer to see a well done Carnage and Venom story. Carnage is evil and scary enough to bring out a Dark Knight type of movie. I'd pay double to see that quality again.

While I'd love to see a dark Carnage film, I don't think Sony/Marvel would go for it. They want to pack in the family crowd. Honestly, with a 3 year old I'd prefer it is family friendly too. The Batman films are too dark for my son but he loves all the Marvel films.

It is tough- do you make the quality film or the film that films the theater?

I get your point. I have 4 kids and I remember the days of picking and choosing what I thought they would be able to handle. It's tough. I think both types of films fill theaters.i believe that The Dark Knight outperformed all of the Spidey movies individually though I'd have to double check to be sure. The difference for me is that I like Batman and Spider-man equally but I've only seen each Spider-man movie once at the theater and a couple of them on DVD/Bluray. I went to see The Dark Knight more than once at the theater and even at the drive-in. I've purchased it on DVD and Bluray and I'll bet I've seen it close to 10 times. I don't even know if they can make a Spider-man movie I'd watch over and over but I'm hopeful. (thumbs u

Seriously? Carnage and the Joker may both be remorseless killers, but that's where the similarities end.

Cletus Kasady is a slasher with a suit that gives him superhuman powers. He would be right at home in most 80s "horror" movies. The Joker is a genius and, despite his manipulative little speech in The Dark Knight, a schemer.

Seriously? Carnage and the Joker may both be remorseless killers, but that's where the similarities end.

Cletus Kasady is a slasher with a suit that gives him superhuman powers. He would be right at home in most 80s "horror" movies. The Joker is a genius and, despite his manipulative little speech in The Dark Knight, a schemer.

(shrug)

I've never seen the Joker as a genius. He is completely unpredictable which creates problems for a guy who solves problems using logic. Creative I'll give you. Spider-man has already fought a genius or two in his previous movies and they were just okay imo. Carnage thrown in with Venom is mayhem. I see the Joker the same way.

(shrug)

I've never seen the Joker as a genius. He is completely unpredictable which creates problems for a guy who solves problems using logic. Creative I'll give you. Spider-man has already fought a genius or two in his previous movies and they were just okay imo. Carnage thrown in with Venom is mayhem. I see the Joker the same way.

Some comic writer (I forget who, but Joe Kelly comes to mind, although I don't think he's written many comics with Batman) said that the Joker is one of the easiest villains to write, because you don't have to establish any reasons why he's doing the things he's doing. It can be just to see what happens.

Really? What gives you that impression?

People loved Civil War. Marvel should try to stick to the source material.

Everything that they have released so far about the movie. The only thing consistent is that Captain America and Iron Man will be in it.