• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Uncanny X-Men #11

9 posts in this topic

Is this one worth a trip to CGC?

Grade wise, I would say about an 8.0. It is hard to tell from the scan. Whether I send it to CGC is how much it cost you. I have seen the book selling for a little less then guide in the CGC 8.0 range. Ungraded - less then half guide. Add up the fees, how much you paid, how much you make selling it ungraded/graded - see if it is worth it.

Grade wise, I would say about an 8.0. It is hard to tell from the scan. Whether I send it to CGC is how much it cost you. I have seen the book selling for a little less then guide in the CGC 8.0 range. Ungraded - less then half guide. Add up the fees, how much you paid, how much you make selling it ungraded/graded - see if it is worth it.

Agree with this assessment altho the lower part of the book might bring you down to 7.5. But the spine and gloss are wonderful.

hey why not? i ran across some strange slabs in my internet searching today, including an 8.0 Marvel Two-In-One #40-something and a Marvel TIO mid 30-something that was a 7.0.

people will slab anything i guess, so why not an upper-mid X-Men 11?

i do so love that cover, btw

Agree with this assessment altho the lower part of the book might bring you down to 7.5. But the spine and gloss are wonderful.

This is one of the gray areas to me in terms of CGC - what do you think they take off for that over hang on the comic that invariably gets damaged. Personally, I consider it the same as any other cover defects but I have see in some cases that CGC does not. Is it just me or do you have any other insight?

From what I can see CGC could give it a 9.0.

Please remove from bag and host a bigger scan. makepoint.gif

Photobucket.com's free account will upload scans up to 250KB.