• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Cornucopia, PCH and PCH edition IS CLOSED. THANKS!

457 posts in this topic

So, back in the middle of June I dropped in for a visit with Lunatic Lowgrade Guy, and lo and behold, he had a shortbox of mixed Precode horror set aside for me, along with a longbox of mixed 50's comics, heavy on humor.

Being reasonably smart I of course snapped up the whole mess, and have been lurking around and cackling madly ever since, as I overdosed on a big ol' stack of comics that Doc Wertham would have HATED.

(Rubs hands together in an evil fashion, laughs maniacally)

Starting today for real around 1 PM, with several issues of Authentic Police Cases, and some Matt Baker Romances, and then I'm diving into the PCH (Precode horror) and PCH (Precode humor) and I'll probably run this thread through next weekend.

Fair warning: anyone who buys in the thread has until July 18th or so to get payment to me, or there will be a delay in shipment, my beloved and I have a short vacation planned from the 20th through the 26th.

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC, note anything else I spot, and as always, if you'd like a scan of the back cover I'll be happy to do so.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost, but PM's, kibitzing, and general tomfoolery are welcome.

$6 Priority flat shipping to the USA, one book or a stack. Canada or overseas to be determined

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ***MUCH*** PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal. If you just GOTTA pay with paypal PM me and we'll work something out.

LET ME REPEAT THAT. I DO NOT LIKE PAYPAL! I'LL ACCEPT IT....RELUCTANTLY. CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PREFERRED!

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

For all of you who followed the story of my buddy Jack and his nearly fatal car crash last winter, I dropped by to see him Friday, and he's approaching full recovery! We headed out for lunch, spent a couple hours at some friends' campout, and he's vertical, mobile, okayed to drive again, and entirely self-sufficient. Of course, his ribs are going to be sore for another six months or so, but his recovery rate is remarkable. Three cheers for Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo MI and the staff that saved his sorry arse!

Just proves that he was born to be hanged, lol

I'm scanning like mad, but needed a short break so I thought I'd get the thread up and running.

Real production will start around 1 PM EST, but here's a nice book to start the thread:

Zip Jet 2, 1953.

Nice and glossy, with spine roll and some general wear. Could do with a good press to lose the roll and some indents on the FC. Interior is tight with white pages.

Asking $100

xNLaBPK.jpg

...and here's one more book to tide you all over.

Tales of Suspense 23, November 1961. On the stands the same time as Fantastic Four 1.

Two small tape pulls lower FC, general wear, but still tight and glossy. Offwhite pages. Coupon clipped on nonstory page. Well....text story, all art is intact.

Take it for $20 SOLD!

ALifckO.jpg

...and here's one more book to tide you all over.

Tales of Suspense 23, November 1961. On the stands the same time as Fantastic Four 1.

Two small tape pulls lower FC, general wear, but still tight and glossy. Offwhite pages. Coupon clipped on nonstory page. Well....text story, all art is intact.

Take it for $20

ALifckO.jpg

:takeit:

Here we go. authentic Police Cases 1, 1948,

General wear, and a 1/4" split on spine BELOW upper staple, couple tears BC. Tight, reasonably clean copy, offwhite pages.

Only copy I've ever seen in hand.

Asking $60 SOLD!

46NyAlo.jpg

Authentic Police Cases 2, 1948.

Flat clean copy FC, good gloss, minor soiling inside upper BC, tight copy with offwhite - white pages, but there's something odd going on with the staples.

There is the usual set through the cover, well attached, looks perfectly normal to me. But there's another set through the interior only. Either it's an oddball production goof or this is a married cover and interior. But it all matches up so perfectly I lean toward oddball production error, for what it's worth.

Regardless, it's a pretty enough copy I'm asking $60 SOLD!

35nim4a.jpg

Authentic Police Cases 26, 1953.

One of the monster squarebound issues, this one is a good reader, not a nickel better. Tight enough, seems complete, but good amount of spine roll, plenty of wear on the front cover, small corner off lower RH FC. Small stain upper RH BC. Interior is actually quite nice, offwhite pages.

O'street G is $41, how about $35? SOLD!

VWySUOO.jpg

Authentic Police Cases 31, 1954.

Flat glossy copy, with short splits upper and lower spine, couple teensy chips out of spine to boot. Tight spine and CF, offwhite pages. Sharp Matt Baker cover.

Yours for $45 SOLD!

ShBA0TE.jpg

Authentic Police Cases 37, 1955.

Touch of spine roll on an otherwise solid copy, general wear, one big dogear upper right. Small tear at upper staple. Interior is tight with white pages. Another dandy Matt Baker cover.

Asking $40 SOLD!

OMUUhfA.jpg

Fightin' Marines 8, 1952.

Tight and square enough, but a bit wrinkly, some minor soiling, small tear at upper staple. couple more tears center spine BC. Could do with a good pressing.

Matt Baker cover, six pages of Canteen Kate!

Asking $40

cSlt9AG.jpg