• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for cheap Dennis the Menace readers

9 posts in this topic

I recently got a bunch of old GA readers from rjpb that had a few St. Johns Dennis the Menace comics in them. As I was going through the books my son, who is 7, was looking through them with me. He got really interested in the Dennis the Menace comics for some reason. (Perhaps because Dennis seems to be about the same age as my son?) He asked if he could read them, and since they were pretty beat up I said that if he could read them from cover to cover he could keep them.

He was pretty excited that I would really give him his own comics. It takes him a couple of bed time to get through the comics, with sounding out the words he doesn't know and me helping him with the occasional difficult word. But he really likes the stories, and thinks Dennis is just a hoot. He has a little pile on the nightstand by his bed now.

Well, last night he just started on my last Dennis the Menace. I'll probably see if he wants to read some Archies or Richie Rich readers I have, but I thought I'd see if anyone has a bunch of Dennis books they would let go cheap. I am looking for low grade stuff. Doesn't have to be old stuff either.

Thanks,

Bob

I think I have a few buried away and will look for them. Great story too! That is exactly how I learned to read prior to kindergarten (but with my brother's Marvel Collectors Item Classic and Marvel Tales comics).

Same here! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Bobpfef, great post. I hope my daughter will like comics too!