• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel-Fox Rumoured Movie Deal - Avengers v. X-Men 2020

12 posts in this topic

hm

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/avengers-x-men-movie-rumored-2020-marvel-fox

The rumor comes from the Pete's Basement Facebook page via Mikey Sutton on FB.

"Marvel and Fox are in the process of making up!!!" the post reads. "They are currently bringing a movie to us by 2020. The movie would feature the Avengers and X-Men."

In the comments following the post, fans questioned the legitamacy of the information, with Pete's Basement offering up that Mikey Sutton, owner of Paper Cuts in Seattle Washington, is their source.

Sutton followed up by posting he thinks the big announcement will be made at next year's Comic-Con as the deal is still going through.

"Won't be public until the deal is done," Sutton offered. "Have a feeling they'll drop it in San Diego next year."

Marvel and Fox have been reportedly at odds over the film rights to the Fox-owned Marvel characters (Wolverine, X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four), with Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter even going so far as to order the cancellation of the Marvel comics containing the characters as well as not having Disney produce Fox character merchandise.

Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige stated about a year and a half ago that anything's possible when questioned about an Avengers / X-Men movie.

"So I would say not anytime soon... Would we be in a position to team up with other studios that have a few of our characters, because we have so many characters ourselves? But I would never say never," Feige said.

Likewise, at one point, X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner stated she would be up for a crossover between the two franchises as well.

"I would love it. I would love it," Donner said. "I personally have close ties to Marvel because of Kevin Feige, because Kevin worked for me. But to take our characters and mingle them in the way that they were written, yeah, absolutely."

Marvel did recently come to a deal with Sony to have Spider-Man featured in their movies, so as Feige stated above, a potential Marvel/Fox relationship can't be totally ruled out.

Hasn't it been said that the next X-men movie was the last of the second trilogy?

It would make sense to do a crossover. Fox could reboot a standalone with the assist of Marvel, which would come out around Avengers Infinity War. That would put the next X-men (a crossover) coming out around the time a new Avengers would be out. hm

I can't see it hurting Fox, and it might help wane any Avengers fatigue since we'll have had 4 by that point. X-men could set up the Phoenix in a good way this time, and have A vs X be a Phoenix saga type thing. It would be pretty amazing to have the Phoenix Saga with the entire marvel universe.

Of course this is wishful thinking and it'll never happen, but it's fun to dream :cloud9:

Hasn't it been said that the next X-men movie was the last of the second trilogy?

It would make sense to do a crossover. Fox could reboot a standalone with the assist of Marvel, which would come out around Avengers Infinity War. That would put the next X-men (a crossover) coming out around the time a new Avengers would be out. hm

I can't see it hurting Fox, and it might help wane any Avengers fatigue since we'll have had 4 by that point. X-men could set up the Phoenix in a good way this time, and have A vs X be a Phoenix saga type thing. It would be pretty amazing to have the Phoenix Saga with the entire marvel universe.

Of course this is wishful thinking and it'll never happen, but it's fun to dream :cloud9:

they could just wipe everything clean with House of M. Then they can go back to doing whatever they want after....

lol I really hope not.

I would love to see this come out of Infinity War in some sort of "shattered dimensions" type story, where Thanos really messes with the multiverse and the X-Men wind up crossing over into the MCU. They all fight, then unite to face Galactus, or another Fox-owned Marvel villain.

lol I really hope not.

I would love to see this come out of Infinity War in some sort of "shattered dimensions" type story, where Thanos really messes with the multiverse and the X-Men wind up crossing over into the MCU. They all fight, then unite to face Galactus, or another Fox-owned Marvel villain.

Galactus - done right - would be amazing!

lol I really hope not.

Galactus - done right - would be amazing!

Who's the guy with the eye patch?