• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RANDOM CLASSIC GOLDEN AGE GGA ROMANCE COMICS (some HTF)

40 posts in this topic

Price for this comic is $-------- which includes Priority Insured boxed shipping.

SOLD ^^

I will consider all best offers via P.M.s, which are welcome in addition to best offers and possible trades involving certain Golden Age or early Silver Age comics. For example a Brenda Starr # 14.

In short

1. Paypal accepted.

2. Priority shipping to the continental US "only" with tracking # to follow; IF international, please contact me first before buying.

3. The first "I WILL TAKE IT" in the thread wins. PMs and certain offers encouraged.

thanks,

Roger

DARING LOVE # 1

Gilmore Magazines 1953

GRADE: GOOD / VERY GOOD

Overstreet calls it "scarce" and Gerber's Scarcity Index lists it as a "6" or "uncommon"

Seller's Comments: The prior owner graded this a very conservative Good, however, it deserves a GOOD/VERY GOOD in my opinion. The main obvious deficit is the small chunk missing off the top right front cover corner. 2 dull colored yet tight staples on the outside with 2 clean tight staples at the center-fold. Heavy foxing areas on both interior covers plus on some areas of the back cover. A very solid spine with some light scuffing and small tears bordering the top staple. Light edge chipping on the bottom of the front cover with wear and tear at the bottom right front cover corner. There is light pencil writing on the back cover in the MAIL NOW box as well as on the top and bottom back cover borders. One interior page has some pencil writing on the top of the page (looks like a math problem was done there). There is a 1-inch seamless tear on the right front cover edge intersecting part of the top of the haystack and little age spotting dots below that on the bottom of the haystack. Interior pages are still fairly supple yet closer to light creme to just perhaps barely off-white. The front cover's main image of the 2 lovers is glossy and simply beautiful. The covers are firmly attached at both staples and some surrounding areas only. Despite the wear, tear and foxing this comic can be handled easily and has a nice solid feel to it.

This 1953 comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

$_57.JPG

HELLO SINCE THE ABOVE COMIC IS A ROMANCE COMIC I WILL BE ADDING SOME ADDITIONAL GOLDEN AGE ROMANCE COMICS TO THIS THREAD. SAME TERMS APPLY AS NOTED FOR THE DARING LOVE # 1.

SOLD

SECRET LOVES # 2 (1950) FN/VF CLASSIC ROMANCE BILL WARD GGA COVER

$150.00 for this comic

SECRET LOVES # 2

Quality Comics 1950

Condition: FINE / VERY FINE (super eye-appeal)

Supple Off White pages.

Fantastic Bill Ward cover art with terrific interior art too.

GRADING COMMENTS: This 1950 comic looks and feels fresh. Glossy, supple and tight all around there are no tears, no stains, no rips and no deficits of note that detract from a sharp classic cover. A wonderful high-grade example. This comic begs to be pressed due to the specific types of deficits here. Tight staples and tight centerfold.

This Golden Age comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING BUT ONLY WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL USA

$_57.JPG

SECRET LOVES # 2 (1950) FN/VF CLASSIC ROMANCE BILL WARD GGA COVER

$150.00 for this comic

SECRET LOVES # 2

Quality Comics 1950

Condition: FINE / VERY FINE (super eye-appeal)

Supple Off White pages.

Fantastic Bill Ward cover art with terrific interior art too.

GRADING COMMENTS: This 1950 comic looks and feels fresh. Glossy, supple and tight all around there are no tears, no stains, no rips and no deficits of note that detract from a sharp classic cover. A wonderful high-grade example. This comic begs to be pressed due to the specific types of deficits here. Tight staples and tight centerfold.

This Golden Age comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING BUT ONLY WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL USA

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

:takeit:

SOLD

Here is another golden-age classic romance comic for sale. Free Priority Shipping within the continental USA. Otherwise Buyers must inquire before buying.

THE PRICE ON THIS ONE IS $360.00

This one is kinda tough to grade but I think my photos are quite sufficient to judge.

TOP LOVE STORIES # 5

(Star Publications 1951)

Condition: Higher-grade looking with a bottom right front cover corner issue.

Supple closer to WHITE interior pages

Seller's Grading Notes: L.B. Cole drew some of the finest Romance covers of the Golden Age. This scarce issue is in my opinion one of his greatest masterly creations. It's a breathtaking cornucopia of colorful and playful images. This is a true classic cover depicting an evocative scene of bikini clad women that commands the viewer's full attention. This offered comic comes off news-stand fresh "but for" the edge wear and small bug chew on the bottom right corner area, which permeates into the corners of 1st 4 interior pages and than fades out slowly. There is a very little tear on the bottom left corner of the back cover. This is very glossy, very tight, very solid, very supple, very clean and very fresh feeling copy - rare to find in this exemplary condition regardless of that bottom corner.

This comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

$_57.JPG

WALLY'S COMICS - thanks... I complied.. :blush:

I didn't know

cool brother.

trust me I'm usually the last person to be a whistle blower, but since CGC has graciously allowed us to trade a sell here (with out fees), I feel it's in our best interest to respect their wishes.

(thumbs u

MY RETURN POLICY: If you are not 100% delighted with any raw comic(s) you purchase from me please contact me within 7 days after your receipt. I offer unconditional full refunds after I receive the comic(s) back safe and sound via the same shipping method I sent it to you. I will also refund your return shipping costs. Be confident here.

I do not ship outside the continental USA so please contact me first via PM prior to any offer or purchase so I can determine shipping costs.

Payment is due within 48 hours of initial "I will take it." - thank you, Roger

SOLD

Price for this offered 1946 ROMANCE comic, which is QUALIFIED, is $78.00 and includes Free Priority shipping.

I will consider offers via P.M.s.

In short

1. Paypal accepted. Sale Price is $78.00.

2. Priority shipping to the continental US "only" with a tracking # to follow;

IF international, please contact me first before buying.

3. The first "I WILL TAKE IT" in the thread wins. PMs and offers encouraged. Payment due within 48 hours please.

4. Full unconditional refunds if you are not 100% happy for any reason. Just let me know in a timely fashion (say 7 days after your receipt please) and return the book in the same manner I sent it to you. I only want happy Buyers!

thanks,

Roger

ROLY-POLY COMICS # 12 (1946) QUALIFIED VG CLASSIC ARCHIE-COVER SWIPE GGA SCARCE

Green Publications 1946

Condition: QUALIFIED and appears VERY GOOD with wonderful eye-appeal.

Supple Off-White interior pages.

GRADING COMMENTS: As pictured below one story page is pretty much 75-80% ripped out thus my Qualified Grade. 2 tight and clean staples on the outside with the top staple detached from the centerfold. The book is offset a bit as shown. Regardless the front cover is beautiful. This book feels very well-read in-hand, however, it is still supple, solid and tight. For those who don't know this cover was a swipe of the Betty and Veronica characters.

This comic is NOT complete yet has no restoration of any kind.

Of note I was advised by a fellow Romance collector that the cover artist might be BILL WOGGON.

$_57.JPG