• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RANDOM CLASSIC GOLDEN AGE GGA ROMANCE COMICS (some HTF)

40 posts in this topic

SOLD via PM ^^

7/20/15

Here is another cool Golden Age Romance comic.

SALE PRICE IS: $400.00. - PMs welcome.

Free Priority Shipping within the continental USA only.

Above noted SALES RULES in this thread apply here as well.

Unconditional returns within 5 days after receipt with my paying return shipping if you are not 100% delighted.

YOUNG ROMANCE COMICS # 1

Prize Comics 1947

Condition: FINE MINUS (super eye-appeal)

Supple Off White to closer to White interior pages.

Story titles: 52 pages wonderful pages.

Known as the very first romance comic ever published, this # 1 issue from 1947 contains cover and inside artwork by the legendary team of Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. With its' cover declaration of 'Designed for the More Adult Readers of Comics', this issue would help spark the 'next big thing' in comic books: the Romance genre. It's a scarce book, and only 11 examples in any grade have ever been certified by CGC. This is a very attractive mid-grade plus example.

GRADING COMMENTS: This is a tight, glossy, sharp and supple comic. There's a chip off the top right edge of the front cover. There is light overall wear on both covers, some tiny edge tears with accompanying minuscule paper loss and some stress lines. The comics has 2 clean staples and a tight centerfold. There are some small innocuous off-color looking stains on some of the interior pages (could be very light grease but not sure) along with some manufacturing discoloration on the borders. The interior sides of both covers show foxing.

This 52-page comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

$_57.JPG

SOLD VIA PM ^^

7/29/15

Here is a true classic if not iconic GGA Golden Age Romance comic.

So few seem to show up for sale.

This is a Canadian copy but as far as I can tell the color interior seems like the US copy but for differing advertisements I think.

SALE PRICE IS: & ---------. - PMs welcome.

Free Priority Shipping within the continental USA only. Foreign buyers please inquire 1st for shipping costs prior to purchase.

Unconditional returns within 5 days after receipt with my paying return shipping if you are not 100% delighted.

GHOST COMICS # 2

Fiction House 1952

Condition: GOOD MINUS (super eye-appeal)

Supple Off White to White interior pages.

GRADING COMMENTS: The nicest low-grader you can expect in so far as the front cover shows off incredibly well with the main image being glossy and sharp looking. The book should be handled with some care as your turning the pages but it is fairly solid despite the tattered and torn spine sections (totals at least 1/3 of the spine the tattered parts) and the big chip out of the top right front cover corner. The staple are secure to the front cover and center-fold but not to the back cover.

This 16-page comic was printed in Canada and is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

$_57.JPG

SALE PRICE IS: $400.00. - PMs welcome.

Free Priority Shipping within the continental USA only.

YOUNG ROMANCE COMICS # 1

Prize Comics 1947

Condition: FINE MINUS (super eye-appeal)

Supple Off White to closer to White interior pages.

Story titles: 52 pages wonderful pages.

Known as the very first romance comic ever published, this # 1 issue from 1947 contains cover and inside artwork by the legendary team of Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. With its' cover declaration of 'Designed for the More Adult Readers of Comics', this issue would help spark the 'next big thing' in comic books: the Romance genre. It's a scarce book, and only 11 examples in any grade have ever been certified by CGC. This is a very attractive mid-grade plus example.

GRADING COMMENTS: This is a tight, glossy, sharp and supple comic. There's a chip off the top right edge of the front cover. There is light overall wear on both covers, some tiny edge tears with accompanying minuscule paper loss and some stress lines. The comics has 2 clean staples and a tight centerfold. There are some small innocuous off-color looking stains on some of the interior pages (could be very light grease but not sure) along with some manufacturing discoloration on the borders. The interior sides of both covers show foxing.

This 52-page comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

:takeit: per PM

Thank you. Respectfully, however, I don't think there is a Georgie issue # 54.

Per my research

Title Published: June 1949 to August 1957

Issue Numbers: 23 to 39

Number of Issues: 17

Continued From: Georgie and Judy

Atlas / Timely

Thank you. Respectfully, however, I don't think there is a Georgie issue # 54.

Per my research

Title Published: June 1949 to August 1957

Issue Numbers: 23 to 39

Number of Issues: 17

Continued From: Georgie and Judy

Atlas / Timely

Sorry for the confusion. I just meant that there appears to be a typo in your listing. At the beginning you list the comic as Georgie 54.

$_57.JPG

Sharp book (:

That rip at the top looks like it was caused when the old-timey newsstands hung their comics with clips from a clothesline. It sure looks like it.