• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

I think its 1 of each cover. So breakdown would be:

TWD x1

Invincible x1

Ghosted x3 (regular, image expo, sdcc)

Outcast x1 (regular cover)

Clone x2 (regular, adlard)

Birthright x3 (regular, nycc, silv)

Manifest x3 (regular, ryan ott, longbeach)

Super Dino x1 (regular)

ToT x3 (regular, ice, comicpro)

Witch Doctor x2 (regular, larry)

I think...

That's impossible, because if this were true, there would be 1,395 TWD tickets!

:kidaround:

:gossip: More...

lol

Haha really though. Is there a single book that has more reprints than TWD1?

:whistle:

kjreprints.jpg

Take these and add about 10 more English language reprints and you start to scratch the surface...then there are all the foreign versions, and their reprints. lol

at least this WD 1 is a bit unique as it's only available as part of a boxed set. If it were available any other way you wouldn't see it alone selling for $35+

Yeah, like going to a WW convention, or knowing someone who went to a WW convention, or having the internet...

I think its 1 of each cover. So breakdown would be:

TWD x1

Invincible x1

Ghosted x3 (regular, image expo, sdcc)

Outcast x1 (regular cover)

Clone x2 (regular, adlard)

Birthright x3 (regular, nycc, silv)

Manifest x3 (regular, ryan ott, longbeach)

Super Dino x1 (regular)

ToT x3 (regular, ice, comicpro)

Witch Doctor x2 (regular, larry)

I think...

That's impossible, because if this were true, there would be 1,395 TWD tickets!

:kidaround:

:gossip: More...

lol

Haha really though. Is there a single book that has more reprints than TWD1?

:whistle:

kjreprints.jpg

Take these and add about 10 more English language reprints and you start to scratch the surface...then there are all the foreign versions, and their reprints. lol

By the end of this year TWD will have over 52 reprints and that doesn't include foreign reprints lol

I considered picking up more boxes but wasn't staying up till 3am my time just for it to hit the store!

Good luck to those who picked up more boxes. Someone out there might have the WD1 ticket...Or it might be inside one of the many sealed boxes on sale on eBay? :devil:

at least this WD 1 is a bit unique as it's only available as part of a boxed set. If it were available any other way you wouldn't see it alone selling for $35+

Yeah, like going to a WW convention, or knowing someone who went to a WW convention, or having the internet...

so Skybound is going to sell the individual WD comic outside of the boxset at a WW Convention? As far as I know the only way to get these is through a box set or someone who has taken it out of a box set and is selling it separate.

I think he is referring to the Walking Dead Wizard World Variants

I believe you are correct yet I'll take a Skybound exclusive over any WW each and every time. Even being in the 40's or so on reprints for the #1 I feel ones put out by Skybound hold a certain purity the others greatly don't. Yet I don't like WW shows so that also plays a role IMO.

My 6 t-shirts from the mystery boxes are pretty beat already ( I wear a lot of t-shirts). Crossing fingers for another mystery box this year. I thought that was a blast.

WD #1 reprint has a disgusting amount. I said this before, and I'll say it again I feel so bad for completist and registry guys. I'm sorry guys :foryou:

+100,000,000

A completist on TWD must be costly enough. Let alone competing for the top registry with how many 9.9's pop up. Hats off to those who have the dedication to do it (James). Sometimes I wish my collecting ways were so defined.

I think he is referring to the Walking Dead Wizard World Variants

I believe you are correct yet I'll take a Skybound exclusive over any WW each and every time. Even being in the 40's or so on reprints for the #1 I feel ones put out by Skybound hold a certain purity the others greatly don't. Yet I don't like WW shows so that also plays a role IMO.

My 6 t-shirts from the mystery boxes are pretty beat already ( I wear a lot of t-shirts). Crossing fingers for another mystery box this year. I thought that was a blast.

Oh he's talking about basically the same thing but with different covers for all those conventions. lol

I was referring to keeping the book in print and going back to press over the course of time so it's constantly available like Killing Joke.