• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone watching Dateline On ID?

5 posts in this topic

The Comic Book murder.

First I've heard of this story.

Pretty interesting so far. I'm sure I could Google it, but watching it on ID investigation is pretty damn awesome.

Anyone know or heard of the people involved?

So far, so good.

Says it's a "new episode", but after searching online I guess it aired on TV before? Oh well.

Here's a link to the story incase you don't or havent seen it on tv.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24546594/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/closing-book-comic-book-murder/

The Comic Book murder.

First I've heard of this story.

Pretty interesting so far. I'm sure I could Google it, but watching it on ID investigation is pretty damn awesome.

Anyone know or heard of the people involved?

So far, so good.

Says it's a "new episode", but after searching online I guess it aired on TV before? Oh well.

Here's a link to the story incase you don't or havent seen it on tv.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24546594/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/closing-book-comic-book-murder/

This reminds me of one of their stalker shows, where they had the creator of Elf Quest I think talking about her story of how she was being stalked by a comic collector.

This was on the boards a while ago, that's when I first heard of it. The husband used to coordinate a small comic con in Pittsburgh. He had the whole community supporting him when the case was reopened. There were a couple of boardies here that claimed to know and believed him guilty before the verdict. It is still a very interesting case. I believe one of points of evidence again Mike was his claim that valuable silver and bronze age comics were stolen when is wife was killed. However when he opened his new shop in PA, he showcased said stolen comics.

This was on the boards a while ago, that's when I first heard of it. The husband used to coordinate a small comic con in Pittsburgh. He had the whole community supporting him when the case was reopened. There were a couple of boardies here that claimed to know and believed him guilty before the verdict.

Yep, I remember a few people stating that it was common knowledge he was sneaking around on his wife with Renee (and that Barbara confided in others about it), and he talked about a "big score" (his wife's insurance policy), and that a lot of key evidence was withheld during the trial (as happens in virtually ever major criminal trial).

Plus, he incriminated himself several times, by offering knowledge of the crime scene, where his wife was found, what time, etc. before anyone told him the details. Then we have the mystery of the "stolen comics" (of which he police had no evidence of, no forced entry, no egress route, etc.) which later mysteriously turned up at his shop.