• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Hartford Con Tomorrow

15 posts in this topic

From what I hear, Hal is going back to the Elk's Hall sometime this summer.

Good..since it feels rather cramped at the present location...hope turnout is better tomorrow than it was last time...

Of course...it was raining cat & dogs then and I don't think anybody wanted to venture outside that day... crazy.gif

From what I hear, Hal is going back to the Elk's Hall sometime this summer.

Good..since it feels rather cramped at the present location...hope turnout is better tomorrow than it was last time...

Of course...it was raining cat & dogs then and I don't think anybody wanted to venture outside that day... crazy.gif

Please let me know the schedule for any Hartford (or New Haven shows). Mrs. Donut's mother lives in New Haven, and my brother-in-law lives in Waterbury. Can always make an excursion north if needed.

I was rather disappointed...again... crazy.gif

The usual mid grade stuff for the most part with the same 3 plus dealers (all good people mind you) ...I love looking at the books and I did see an interesting Charlie Chan #2 on the wall ...

I had a good conversation with one dealer that was telling me about Captain America as he is today and how differant the stories are from the ones I remember when I actually read comic books...he really piqued my interest in one of my favorate Marvel characters that I may pick up some modern issues to see (and read) for myself...

Donut...it sure would be a pleasure to meet you but and others (but to be totally honest) you may be dissappointed as I was in Hal Kinneys convention...there is however another guy that has recently started to run conventions that offer other collectables including comics and he is having one next weekend...

The same dealers attend this convention along with a few others that like the roomier venue that he uses (the VFW on Rte 10). Maybe I'll see you there if I don't go away this week....the kids are on vacation.... frustrated.gifthumbsup2.gif

I was rather disappointed...again... crazy.gif

The usual mid grade stuff for the most part with the same 3 plus dealers (all good people mind you) ...I love looking at the books and I did see an interesting Charlie Chan #2 on the wall ...

I had a good conversation with one dealer that was telling me about Captain America as he is today and how differant the stories are from the ones I remember when I actually read comic books...he really piqued my interest in one of my favorate Marvel characters that I may pick up some modern issues to see (and read) for myself...

Donut...it sure would be a pleasure to meet you but and others (but to be totally honest) you may be dissappointed as I was in Hal Kinneys convention...there is however another guy that has recently started to run conventions that offer other collectables including comics and he is having one next weekend...

The same dealers attend this convention along with a few others that like the roomier venue that he uses (the VFW on Rte 10). Maybe I'll see you there if I don't go away this week....the kids are on vacation.... frustrated.gifthumbsup2.gif

I may come up for the April 24 show - I can see my mother-in-law (and make Mrs. Donut happy), and it will be new dealers for me.

I did see an interesting Charlie Chan #2 on the wall ...

You a fan of the films too???

Can't really say that I'm a fan Pov...but I have seen and enjoyed a couple of films back when I was into the black & white films and shorts...way back when... crazy.gif

Hi Guys,

I have been away from comics for about 15 years... now that my son is getting into them, I thought this would a nice father & son thing. Since a have a few thousand comics up in the attic... it was a nice start!

Anyway, I was surfing the net looking for any CT comic conventions, since I live in CT, and found this site.

In regards to the East Hartford con, is there a web site for this? Someone mentined these dates: April 24, then May 29

Is there a March date?

Also, somebody (sorry, can't remember names) mentioned another con with same and other people, at the VFW on RT10.

Is there an name and/or web site for this con? Dates?

Thanks!!! grin.gif

The Plainville show is Sunday, May 29th .10am - 3pm ....last show was pretty good although I didn't find much I had fun talking with everybody...

Be sure to try Cliffs chili and cheese fries.... thumbsup2.gif