• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there much demand for Orginal Art?

12 posts in this topic

A friend of mine, whom im helping with some Ebay stuff, is going to put up for sale a X-Factor page from issue 70, page 24. Says on the top "Paste-Up Board for Regular Comic Pages". Over on the left hand side it says Marvel Comics, it also has the balloons that the characters are saying. Says on the bottom "Use for Paste-Up Only". Is this org artwork? I thought id ask the experts here, and ill prob see him tomorrow if anyone here wants a scan.

Just kind of curious if there is a demand. angel.gif

A friend of mine, whom im helping with some Ebay stuff, is going to put up for sale a X-Factor page from issue 70, page 24. Says on the top "Paste-Up Board for Regular Comic Pages". Over on the left hand side it says Marvel Comics, it also has the balloons that the characters are saying. Says on the bottom "Use for Paste-Up Only". Is this org artwork? I thought id ask the experts here, and ill prob see him tomorrow if anyone here wants a scan.

Just like comic books, there is demand for original art from the comics. There are many collectors, including myself, who solely collect the original art, and no longer collect the books themselves. Prices and values are variable, depending on artist, title, issue, page number (or splash page or cover), image, etc. Prices can range from basically nothing (20 bucks) to tens of thousands of dollars.

the difference between comics and original art is....

the comic that came from, x-factor 70, is pretty much unsellable on ebay at any price, in part due to shipping costs

whereas pretty much any decent marvel page, even from the 90s, is going to get at least $10 + the cost of shipping

and probably more than $10 if it has a popular character in it (e.g., wolverine) doing anything interesting and if it's done by a popular artist

i can't tell from overstreet who did the art on #70

it's going to depend on the artist and what's going on in the page

people sitting around talking -- low bucks

a page featuring wolverine slicing up a bunch of baddies gets better bucks

There is DEFINTELY demand for original art,..dont let the people on this board tell you otherwise.

In fact,....the demand for OA is of a much stronger magnitude than comic books nowadays.

The OA imarket s growingl,...growing,...growing !!!

If your friend has any covers,...they have to date shown the highest appreciation !

Art from the 60's Silver Age is in especially high demand. And I will always be interested in paying TOP DOLLAR for r5are treasures,...

write me at: monroe_stahr2000@yahoo.com if you have anything 4 sale !!!!

On 2/19/2005 at 4:59 PM, Wulfstan-migration said:

I have traveled back in time to find this.

what say you 2019?

2005 wants to know if there is a demand

(for comic art)

Hey 2005 did your friend sell that X-Factor 70 page?Do you remember how much the page went for?

2019 do you have any questions or comments for 2005?

On 2/19/2005 at 5:34 PM, Harvey Dude said:

I would like to see a scan. Regarding demand. It depends on the particular piece of art.

I can still pick up original cover art, from the sixties, for under $100.

Harvey Dude greetings from 2019. What covers did you pick up for under $100?

i must have been the underbidder on all of them or missed the deals all together.

2019 do you have any questions or comments for 2005?

On 2/19/2005 at 6:18 PM, heartened said:

Just like comic books, there is demand for original art from the comics. There are many collectors, including myself, who solely collect the original art, and no longer collect the books themselves. Prices and values are variable, depending on artist, title, issue, page number (or splash page or cover), image, etc. Prices can range from basically nothing (20 bucks) to tens of thousands of dollars.

Hi 2019 here and you will be “heartened” to know that the trends you mentioned continue today. What’s changed?

The mega dollar valuations on CGC slabbed comics and original art.

On 2/20/2005 at 7:03 AM, DESTRO-migration said:

There is DEFINTELY demand for original art,..dont let the people on this board tell you otherwise.

In fact,....the demand for OA is of a much stronger magnitude than comic books nowadays.

The OA imarket s growingl,...growing,...growing !!!

If your friend has any covers,...they have to date shown the highest appreciation !

Art from the 60's Silver Age is in especially high demand. And I will always be interested in paying TOP DOLLAR for r5are treasures,...

write me at: monroe_stahr2000@yahoo.com if you have anything 4 sale !!!!

Destro if you’re still selling at 2005 prices please PM grapeape.

Destro if you’re buying at 2005 prices please PM my buddy Vodou.

Cue Huey Lewis and the News grapeape has taken us

BACK TO THE FUTURE

On 11/30/2019 at 5:04 PM, grapeape said:

Harvey Dude greetings from 2019. What covers did you pick up for under $100?

i must have been the underbidder on all of them or missed the deals all together.

I guess this one went up because of inflation.

but a 1950 cover for $150. I guess they are out there.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/dan-gormley-new-funnies-157-cover-original-art-dell-1950-/a/7212-95210.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

3 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

I guess this one went up because of inflation.

but a 1950 cover for $150. I guess they are out there.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/dan-gormley-new-funnies-157-cover-original-art-dell-1950-/a/7212-95210.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Nice!

Andy Panda was really cool in the early iteration as a talking animal interacting with humans.

New Funnies 65-78.

lf?set=path%5B2%2F1%2F6%2F3%2F0%2F21630508%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Edited by aokartman
citation, pic