• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite "Show Me Your Fanzines & win a Cigar" Thread !

136 posts in this topic

Nice saddle stitched first printing. I used to buy a lot of fanzines but grew bored of them. I need to finish my Squa Tront run!

I hear that. You got a spare #4? smile.gif

I have some dupes so I'll check. What's on the cover again? confused-smiley-013.gif

Gregsarian! This is the SQ4 I need.

Squa Tront #4:

sq4.jpg

I know I have at least one but unsure if I have a dupe or not! frown.gif I'll check on the weekend, as it buried behind a bunch of other boxes! tonofbricks.gif

Hey Greggy! What is the focus of the Witzend 'zines? Looks interesting!
I haven't read them in a while but like Fuelman mentioned, it's Wally Wood centered. I believe that he had sometime to do with its publishing up to a certain point.

David Alexander has a Collector's Dream up(I think #6), but his asking price is outrageous.

Does anyone buy from that schmo-bird?! confused-smiley-013.gif His prices are generally way high on most things it seems like. gossip.gif

I did buy an EC from him about a month ago, but that was before I knew that he was the dealer involved in gouging Ian for that New Adventure #16. So, I doubt I'll be buying from him again.

Anyone have a copy of "Scream Door"? I love that cover.

That Scream Door was an awesome book. Cover was awesome, and has one of those suprises that not many know about. It contains within its pages the cover to the never printed Web of Horror #4. A couple years back I was lucky enough to pick up a copy. Have been searching for more deliberately ever since and havnt come across another. I would love to know what its print run was.

Ye ask end ye shall recieve...

735043-584851-Scream_Door_1971.jpg

735043-584851-Scream_Door_1971.jpg.7318767817997c4ad8a6bb46a2726d7a.jpg

Just picked this up yesterday for $3.00 It's like a phone book listing Collectors by name, address and phone number. I have'nt gone thru it yet, but I did notice Don & Maggie Thompson (didn't see Roy Thomas).

fandom.jpg

That's a very nice book there, Bounty! thumbsup2.gif

Do you have a scan for the cover of Web of Horror # 4 ? popcorn.gif

Geez twist my arm Fuel.... tongue.gif

Well here you go, I would be the first to argue that if this cover was in fact ran and published that it would without a doubt in my oppinion be one of the greatest Comic Magazine covers in history. Just look at how you have the innocence and softness of the unsuspecting lady in the pond. In the foreground we have this lunatic savage lending out his betrayful hand with clear intentions of voilence. The contrast that this offers is truly gripping. I'm greatful that the cover was released to even be published in this one-shot fanzine, for the public to see. It would have been a tragedy otherwise.

735887-Scream_Door_WOH4_Interior.jpg

735887-Scream_Door_WOH4_Interior.jpg.f976ba55e8cb254e5b247e00b0307521.jpg

I'm not quite sure if this would be considered a fanzine. It is a treasury. Anyone have thoughts on how these are truly classified? I believe that Sulipa lists them under zines.

None the less, an awesome book. Contains tons of never before printed Adams stuff as well as some of his classic works. The work spans all characters from DC to Marvel and elsewhere. Pretty tough book to get as well. Makes this one an awesome book.

735971-115-1516_IMG1.jpg

735971-115-1516_IMG1.jpg.063de192217e0b75d5207cfdad80c006.jpg

Just picked this up yesterday for $3.00 It's like a phone book listing Collectors by name, address and phone number. I have'nt gone thru it yet, but I did notice Don & Maggie Thompson (didn't see Roy Thomas).

Wow, I have never heard anything like that before. A phone book listing collectors? Was this used as a way for collectors to network and trade?

-bounty

Wow, I have never heard anything like that before. A phone book listing collectors? Was this used as a way for collectors to network and trade?

-bounty

I believe so.

It was published by The WSA Program, a group dedicated to fighting Mail Fraud. Many of the ads have a square box with "WSA" and a member number ( for example: WSA 616.) thumbsup2.gif

That's a very nice book there, Bounty! thumbsup2.gif

Do you have a scan for the cover of Web of Horror # 4 ? popcorn.gif

Geez twist my arm Fuel.... tongue.gif

Well here you go, I would be the first to argue that if this cover was in fact ran and published that it would without a doubt in my oppinion be one of the greatest Comic Magazine covers in history. Just look at how you have the innocence and softness of the unsuspecting lady in the pond. In the foreground we have this lunatic savage lending out his betrayful hand with clear intentions of voilence. The contrast that this offers is truly gripping. I'm greatful that the cover was released to even be published in this one-shot fanzine, for the public to see. It would have been a tragedy otherwise.

735887-Scream_Door_WOH4_Interior.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I suppose there's a chance the Original Art might still exist. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-bounty

I believe so.

It was published by The WSA Program, a group dedicated to fighting Mail Fraud. Many of the ads have a square box with "WSA" and a member number ( for example: WSA 616.) thumbsup2.gif

Very interesting Fuel. Thanks for that bit of information. Double thumbsup2.gif

This post made me wax nostalgiac.....

I called Roy Thomas and spoke with him briefly in 2003. He confirmed Sheldon Moldoff's number for me so I could call him and conduct an interview.... cloud9.gif

BTW - WoH #4 would have been stunning!!! hail.gif

I remember having my mom send off the money for a membership to FOOM. That amazing envelope, with(I think) the Hulk on it, filled with superhero stickers and the mag, is one of my best childhood memories. cloud9.gif

Anyone have a copy of "Scream Door"? I love that cover.

That Scream Door was an awesome book. Cover was awesome, and has one of those suprises that not many know about. It contains within its pages the cover to the never printed Web of Horror #4. A couple years back I was lucky enough to pick up a copy. Have been searching for more deliberately ever since and havnt come across another. I would love to know what its print run was.

Ye ask end ye shall recieve...

735043-584851-Scream_Door_1971.jpg

Thanks for posting it! Anyone have an extra copy? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif