• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay sellers that don't use the zoom function

22 posts in this topic

You mean with loaded thumbnail photos that you can't zoom in on in the listing header?

Zoom is automatic, but it only works on higher resolution photos. If someone uploads a 400x300 pixel photo, then the thumbnail (bigger than a thumbnail slightly actually) is the "zoomed in" size.

I usually load 1200x?+ photos so there is something to zoom in on.

-Terry

Like this one-what's your take?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-30-strict-FN-VF-7-0-High-Grade-Tons-more-FFs-up-for-grabs-/391192649056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b14e61d60

most likely trimmed on 2 sides - maybe slight on the top but if they trimmed that one to the full extent of the wrinkling, it would be very obvious even in the lo res scans.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I don't understand this-isn't the zoom function automatic? Do you have to reset something so no zoom function is available for bidders? It always makes me suspicious when I can't zoom a book.

Maybe you need magnifying glass or possibly reading glasses.

:cool:

I have downloaded a "virtual" magnifying glass" for looking at sorts of things online because I am old and cannot always see with my reading glasses.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/magnifier/

If you are running Windows 7 or 8, you don't need to download a magnifying glass program.

You just need a scroll wheel and a CNTRL button.

Hold down the control button while rolling the scroller, and it should zoom in and out.

Also, I don't think that the ebay lister was trying to be deceptive. I think he accidentally bombarded his pics with Pym particles. :kidaround: