• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #316 COVER-- ORIGINAL Comic Book ART C 1985 Paul Neary

4 posts in this topic

I've had my eye on this for a long time, eBay item 161207096093.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-316-COVER-ORIGINAL-Comic-Book-ART-C-1985-Paul-Neary-/161207096093?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=u6BVfzYwt28AvkVpDU%252FZzOkZ25k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Why?

Because the whole piece is crp, it's almost all stat, except for a bit of edge art inked in, (almost certainly) by production staff. No "artist" hands touched it.

I explained all this to the seller a year or two ago. That his title and description were vague or misleading (take your pick). In case he was just stupid. Since he didn't modify the listing for clarity, or even reply, I then knew it was not stupidity at work.

Last night it sold to somebody for $875.

If the buyer is on this board - bail on the transaction. Call eBay and explain. Share this thread with them. It's not "Original Marvel Comics comic book cover art." This thing is worth maybe $250 on it's very best day of the year. The real cover, all art, is with the Donnelly's. And visible on CAF. It will take a lot more than $875 to pry it out of their hands.

And here's some pictures hosted remotely so they don't disappear. I'm sure we'll see this one come around again.

craptainamerica.jpg

craptainamerica2.jpg

If the buyer is on this board - bail on the transaction. Call eBay and explain. Share this thread with them. It's not "Original Marvel Comics comic book cover art." This thing is worth maybe $250 on it's very best day of the year. The real cover, all art, is with the Donnelly's. And visible on CAF. It will take a lot more than $875 to pry it out of their hands.

craptainamerica.jpg

craptainamerica2.jpg

The link I see shows it sold for $1424.05.

Certainly not an amount I want to send to someone with 97.6% FB doh!

Thanks for the detective work. I hope the "buyer" is a board member and sees your post.

Have you seen ComicArtDatabase ? This info would go well there. The site owner(and board member) says info there will be a permanent record.

The link I see shows it sold for $1424.05.
It was offered BIN or Best Offer. It went BO $875. eBay is making it hard to see BO final prices now, requires some detective work. This would pair up nice with the Donnelly's original (for a hundred or two that is)l but by itself and mismarketed as it was = overpriced junk.