• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Misc. Marvel drek with Kirby Sgt. Furys and now ST, TOS - NEW STUFF 7/22!

47 posts in this topic

Marvel Super-Heroes 1 - VG/FN / $25

Nice tight copy. First Marvel one-shot, but I believe, more critically, the first reprint of DD No. 1, which gives this book some potential upside down the road...

MSH1fc_zpsyxtnqegm.jpg

MSH1bc_zpsjtkt0mig.jpg

Marvel Tales 1 (Canadian Variant) - GD/VG - SOLD

Blank-back Canadian version of the Silver Age granddaddy of all reprint compilations. Structurally real solid but has that top piece that has flaked off the spine.

MT_1_f_zpsb5fa7d8f.jpg

ST_1_b_zpscc1ad128.jpg

IMG_7107_zps8e8de052.jpg

Strange Tales 115 - INCOMPLETE / $34

Missing one non-story page on the fold facing the end of the opening Torch/Spidey story (which also features the second Sandman appearance); that remaining loose page is the final Torch/Spidey page and a slight piece of a text bubble is missing, but the rest is complete. Also complete is the entire origin Ditko story of Dr. Strange, which is obviously driving interest in this book right now. Outside the missing page I would have called the structure a G/VG. Tough book to price and I'm probably a bit aggressive, but then again there's a 0.5 copy on MCS with a chunk of the cover out listed at $68, which I also think is aggressive. Anyway, it's certainly a minor key at this point... make offers if you're interested (or on any other book, of course!).

ST115fc_GVG_zpsvtlpbp6e.jpg

ST115bc_GVG_zps79qn1bbb.jpg

Strange Tales 138 - VG / $12

Looks nicer in hand and on the scans/in a Mylar than a VG - nice gloss and "newish" feel - but the book does have some bends at the bottom (visible better from back scan) that looks like they might have arisen from bumping into something (or being dropped at some point :eek:).

ST138fc_VG_zpsaca8bwox.jpg

ST138bc_VG_zpsanyor9zv.jpg

Strange Tales 139 - FN / $18

Just a real pretty copy overall. I'd call it a FN+ but am dropping it a notch due to that thin stain ulbc, though that doesn't transfer into the inside pages of the book.

ST139fc_FN_zpsvzr9x3g0.jpg

ST139bc_FN_zpsq7lkcwlg.jpg

Tales of Suspense 53 - VG / $48

Second Black Widow, origin of The Watcher Nice copy but top staple area has that issue where the cover is connected to the book, but is pinned (tightly, thankfully!) from the cover to the inner wrap by the staple after having come away on the back-cover side of staple.

TOS53fc_VG_zpsypt2fhfn.jpg

TOS53bc_VG_zpsgldvgykr.jpg