• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heroclix

57 posts in this topic

ok...comic related but not books themselves...so perhaps this will get moved to Things forum...

anybody else here play heroclix?

love it myself....great fun crossing universes and characters for some massive beatdowns....

I see them all the time, but have no idea how to play it. I wish the figures were slightly larger, just tad bit.

Wishing things were larger, if only a little bit... story of your life, eh?

popcorn.gif

I see them all the time, but have no idea how to play it. I wish the figures were slightly larger, just tad bit.

popcorn.gif

I'm just saying... he probably wishes they were a little harder and lasted a little longer, too. yay.gif

I wish your humor were a bit larger. Seems fairly stale most of the time. Kinda like your breath all the time.

I wish your humor were a bit larger. Seems fairly stale most of the time. Kinda like your breath all the time.

If you say so, Jumbo.

If you say so, Jumbo.

Speaking of Jumbo, did you eat at Burger Barn tonight? A midwest favorite. headbang.gif

If you say so, Jumbo.

Speaking of Jumbo, did you eat at Burger Barn tonight? A midwest favorite. headbang.gif

Is that supposed to be insulting, or do you really believe there is a chain of restaurants called "Burger Barn"? (Actually, I'd almost be surprised if there wasn't... so you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person either way! Congrats!)

If you say so, Jumbo.

Is that supposed to be insulting, or do you really believe there is a chain of restaurants called "Burger Barn"? (Actually, I'd almost be surprised if there wasn't... so you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person either way! Congrats!)

Are you saying that you didn't take this picture of you on a date at the Burger Barn?

south08.jpg

If you say so, Jumbo.

Are you saying that you didn't take this picture of you on a date at the Burger Barn?

south08.jpg

Why? Did you find that in your girlfriend's bedroom?

(Wait, you DO like girls, don't you?)

If you say so, Jumbo.

south08.jpg

I think I made a mistake. I assumed you were the one taking the picture. I can see now that it is clearly you sitting at the window, with fresh dabs of grease running down your chin. Which doesn't matter to you in slightest, because I guess your are used to gobs running down your chin.

If you say so, Jumbo.

south08.jpg

I think I made a mistake. I assumed you were the one taking the picture. I can see now that it is clearly you sitting at the window, with fresh dabs of grease running down your chin. Which doesn't matter to you in slightest, because I guess your are used to gobs running down your chin.

Yes. Your mom is a Sloppy Jo, indeed!

If you say so, Jumbo.

south08.jpg

Yes. Your mom is a Sloppy Jo, indeed!

27_laughing.gif Must be your Midwest inbred humor. MK, we don't believe in incest relations out here in California. However if you choose to make your whole family your inner sex circle, then by all means go at it. It takes all kinds I guess. screwy.gif

popcorn.gif

I'm just saying... he probably wishes they were a little harder and lasted a little longer, too. yay.gif

sign-funnypost.gifpopcorn.gif

Back to the issue at hand...

How does someone play heroclix?

well the hammer, lighter fluid and matches technique is one i've debated after some bad losses...

but generally it's a table top game played with miniatures of your fave heroes from the Marvel, DC and 'Indy' universe...

same idea as mage knight if you've played that....same company...

it's a points based system like warhammer and warhammer 40k used to be when i played those...

each fig is worth a certain amount of point against the total you're playing with that round, you build a team and each character has powers based on their comic books selves translated as best as possible onto a table...for instance, Superman is an awesome beatstick, but Kitty Pryde mostly sucks despite being a character with the possiblitly of a lot of nastiness in the books...

check it out at heroclix.com

it's really quite addictive...like i needed another. the figs come prepainted and assmebled so it saves that hassle...i started getting a few mainly 'cause i thought the idea was cool and wanted some x-men, jla/jsa figs that weren't the usual dc direct or marvel studios kinda thing....but then the game got hold of me too.

27_laughing.gif