• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic four 12 help please

10 posts in this topic

Okay. So I just bought a ff 12 cgc 8.0. Just finished my fantastic four silver age collection. Hurray for me. Anyway although it was perfectly centered after the fact I noticed under the bottom staple there were creases that looks like they broke the color. Boo hoo. However on looking at so many ff 12 including some 8.5 it seems like most have the impression they break the color. Is this normal for ff 12's please let me know thanks

Here is my FF # 12 that had the bottom piece originally not attached but present with the book. I had the piece professionally re-attached by Heroes Restoration. He also cleaned the book. So I had it professionally restored. I bought the book raw from a guy who uses the name Serb Gorilla on Youtube. He notoriously un slabs Purple label CGC books and sells them as unrestored. Now wait, did I Professionally restore an already restored book? hm

FF12%204.jpg

029-1.jpg

Okay. So I just bought a ff 12 cgc 8.0. Just finished my fantastic four silver age collection. Hurray for me. Anyway although it was perfectly centered after the fact I noticed under the bottom staple there were creases that looks like they broke the color. Boo hoo. However on looking at so many ff 12 including some 8.5 it seems like most have the impression they break the color. Is this normal for ff 12's please let me know thanks

FF #12 is notorious for having vertical creases at the bottom staple.

But it's impossible to tell through telekinesis what your book looks like and whether it's properly graded or not.

I would not buy from Serb Gorilla.

However, given that you already have, and since you paid to have the book restored anyway, what difference does it make if it already had restoration when you bought it?

FF #12 is notorious for having vertical creases at the bottom staple.

But it's impossible to tell through telekinesis what your book looks like and whether it's properly graded or not.

There is a lot of examples of this book on Comiclink. I see the vertical crease the OP is referencing on many copies. I never knew this was a common flaw. I suspect CGC is not ignoring the flaw but not hammering it either.

I would not buy from Serb Gorilla.

However, given that you already have, and since you paid to have the book restored anyway, what difference does it make if it already had restoration when you bought it?

:jokealert:

Sebie is notorious for his scams but he took one on the chin for $6,000 when he ignored ebay's messages and ebay told buyer to keep the 6K AF15 and returned the money to buyer.