• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance comics to look out for?

57 posts in this topic

Flash (vol. 2) #134

Jakeem Thunder makes a cameo appearance in this issue and I know he might not be on many people's radar, but with Disney's recent confirmation of a live action prequel to Aladdin entitled Genies (which I do feel will be a game-changer), that might soon change.

I don't see how anything Disney does would have any impact on a property owned by DC/Warner Brothers. (shrug)

Well arguably it impacted upon DC fast-tracking their respected shared universe vision; and I'm still of the opinion that Disney have looked at Jurassic World and seen what could possibly be, ergo as to why the Hollywood Reporter wrote here,

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/5-comic-book-concepts-primed-802546

If we're going with that line of thinking, I see this book heating up as football season starts.

300px-NFL_Superpro_Special_Edition_Vol_1_1_Prestige.jpg

i dont know what you're complaining about. I think it's really handy having a thread just about moderns that are getting hot. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one!

I know

It's a tough job

But somebody's gotta do it

i dont know what you're complaining about. I think it's really handy having a thread just about moderns that are getting hot. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one!

I thought you were leaving the Boards? :D

I am. Just following up with some purchases i've made with boardies, so I still have to check my msgs for a bit. I suppose my departing post was a bit premature, but honestly, this place is like a gateway drug. I've been off ebay for like 4 days. I came back on here and BOOM! back on ebay. I think i have a problem....

Anyway, once my last few packages are recieved you can go back to mourning my MIA status.

But FYI, I love you for noticing me. :luhv:

no go back to speculating. Nothing to see here. move along. :whistle:

Deathstroke # 15, 17 1st app. of Green Arrow tv related heroine and DC villianness but let me buy these first. Nice Zeck covers too.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what he's talking about?

Rose Wilson, but DS 15 17 are not the ones you should be looking for. Focus should be on Ravager... :gossip:

8E736766-2C28-46A8-9DFC-FCD42EC9691B_zpsvvkwjlrd.jpg

Cheers!

Deathstroke # 15, 17 1st app. of Green Arrow tv related heroine and DC villianness but let me buy these first. Nice Zeck covers too.

Rose Wilson, but DS 15 17 are not the ones you should be looking for. Focus should be on Ravager... :gossip:

The Ravager was around long before Rose Wilson, and Rose was around for a long time before she became the newest Ravager.

Nice label, CGC! :facepalm:

This is why anyone who has any faith in CGC's issue notes is :screwy:

The Ravager was around long before Rose Wilson, and Rose was around for a long time before she became the newest Ravager.

Nice label, CGC! :facepalm:

This is why anyone who has any faith in CGC's issue notes is :screwy:

Yes, label should read "1st appearance of Rose Wilson as Ravager", but Rose only had one appearance in 1996 in DS, and a one page appearance in a 2000 titans files #2 book before appearing here as The Ravager for the first time.

Books of Magic #1

With the introduction of Constantine and Zatanna in the Justice League Dark film there's a great possibility that we may get an adaption of the title and become introduced to Timothy Hunter; the fact that the Enchantress is in Suicide Squad does somewhat lend to this idea, magically speaking.

The only downside is the obvious Harry Potter similarities, to which Books of Magic came out first, I hasten to add; though we know how Warner Bros. has viewed it's HP franchise, could they feel the same about Timothy Hunter?

Justice League Dark #1

Need I say anymore?

Although Swamp Thing #50 is rather obscure in the whole "unofficial appearance" element and it being a Copper comic, I'm still going to recommend it as that will BOOM to smithereens when the adaption is released and definitely one to look to. Also Swamp Thing #49 should be looked at.

All Star Comics #58

In my opinion it's only a matter of time before DC introduces Power Girl into their universe, especially given her Kryptonian heritage.

I agree, it's one of the most undervalued books of a character with tremendous upside in potential popularity. I think Amanda Conner did a great job with her series, and it just takes another good creative team to continue that momentum.

Overstreet advisor Doug Sulipa is nicely promoting A-Next 12 (last issue of mini-series from 1999) on eBay, as the 1st full app. of Hope Pym from the Ant-man movie. Her cameo in A-Next 10, and her legs appear in A-Next # 7 for all :wishluck: collectors that enjoy 1st appearances.

Overstreet advisor Doug Sulipa is nicely promoting A-Next 12 (last issue of mini-series from 1999) on eBay, as the 1st full app. of Hope Pym from the Ant-man movie. Her cameo in A-Next 10, and her legs appear in A-Next # 7 for all :wishluck: collectors that enjoy 1st appearances.

1st Full as the Red Queen. 1st Full of Hope Pym is still #10.

I made a post about this last week asking which is her first app considering she is the Wasp etc. The money book it seems is # 7 but supposedly its just her legs in the dark. and 10 she appears fully. but 10 is cheap in comparison to 7. I would not call her legs in the dark a first app. So I got all three over the weekend and her first full app to me is #10. 7 is just her legs . she appears fully issue 10. full shot of her . She appears as the Red Queen in issue # 12.

1st Full as the Red Queen. 1st Full of Hope Pym is still #10.