• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Scan Size - Redux

Which Size Scan Do You Prefer?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Size Scan Do You Prefer?

5 posts in this topic

I am posting two scans of the same book. Call them Scan 1 and Scan 2. Scan 1 is the smaller of the two. Scan 2 is the larger of the two. Even though I am now using 17" flat panels, I remember my 15" CRT days and do not want to make folk slide back and forth to see an image. So please choose Scan 1 (smaller) or Scan 2 (larger).

Below is the smaller, 75 DPI scan:

75dpi.jpg

And this is the larger, 100 DPI scan:

100dpi.jpg

Higher resolution is always better, unless it results in a scan which is so big it increases the width of the thread, where you have to scroll right and left to read all the text for every post thereafter Christo_pull_hair.gif. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Or just use thumbnails to show your books and let people decide if they want to view larger.

728665-100dpi-th.jpg

OK - so how do you DO that? Remember, I may be a network administrator but am in the real business world and such tings as this - well, I have to keep up with Active Directory and little time to study the nicities.

Honestly? I want to make a BA Horror web site but lack web skills. Hmmm- maybe contribute to Shivers?