• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago ComicFest March 12 & 13: Forum Dinner?

17 posts in this topic

Who's coming to this show? Anybody interested in trying to get a forum dinner together Saturday night? Let me know.

We could do something at Gibsons down the street (where last summer's Chicago Con dinner was at) or even head into downtown if people feel adventurous!

I will most likely be there as well, as long as I don't go anywhere for my spring break cloud9.gif Is there anywhere to park besides the hotel lot? Between the $7-8 parking fee and $10 admission I feel like I got reamed before I even set foot in the show. A dinner would be cool, but I am not sure how many forum members frequent that show. All of you who will be setting up will have to let me know how to find your tables....

Is there anywhere to park besides the hotel lot? Between the $7-8 parking fee and $10 admission I feel like I got reamed before I even set foot in the show.

Why I'm not going there again... last time all I came out with is a VF Bronze Captain America. mad.gif

Is there anywhere to park besides the hotel lot? Between the $7-8 parking fee and $10 admission I feel like I got reamed before I even set foot in the show.

Why I'm not going there again... last time all I came out with is a VF Bronze Captain America. mad.gif

Yeah, I found myself buying a few things just so I would not leave having only spent $20....and my wantlist is pretty extensive. They do usually have decent guests though, I remember Mike Kaluta and Don Rosa being there on different occasions.

Yeah, I found myself buying a few things just so I would not leave having only spent $20....and my wantlist is pretty extensive. They do usually have decent guests though, I remember Mike Kaluta and Don Rosa being there on different occasions.

Do not bring Rosa a slabbed book. He's Greg White-esque in his disdain for CGC.

Seeing as how I only live 30 minutes from the Con, I'll be going on Saturday thumbsup2.gif. Can't make a forum dinner though as I run weekly Hold Em tournaments on Saturday nights cool.gif.

K

As of today, nobody has really jumped on the idea of a dinner at Gibsons, so let's NIX that idea.

However, there is interest in a group headed by PedigreeMan going for Pizza and Beer (a cheaper option, and 2 of the main food groups!!).

So if anyone is at the show Saturday and wants to head out for pizza and beer Saturday evening you can PM me or PedigreeMan or just look for us at the show on Saturday. I'll likely be around Bob's booth looking at his sweet new collection.... thumbsup2.gifyay.gif

blush.gif

Yep, I did an inadvertent end-run around Steve's plans here. blush.gif I can't apologize enough, even though he's been totally cool about it. Like I said, first round's on me, Steve!

Anyway, it looks like it's currently Rhino, the Blazing One (right, Bob?), nochips, Moondog, and me for pizza and beer after the show on Saturday. The convention is fairly small, so I'm sure we'll all run into one another at some point during it. Nothing fancy here, nothing formal, just a bunch of comic guys having a good time. Anyone else in?

Steve suggested Giordano's right down Higgins, which seems like a damn fine idea.

Looking forward to it! yay.gif

Alan

:o

Yep, I did an inadvertent end-run around Steve's plans here. blush.gif I can't apologize enough, even though he's been totally cool about it. Like I said, first round's on me, Steve!

Anyway, it looks like it's currently Rhino, the Blazing One (right, Bob?), nochips, Moondog, and me for pizza and beer after the show on Saturday. The convention is fairly small, so I'm sure we'll all run into one another at some point during it. Nothing fancy here, nothing formal, just a bunch of comic guys having a good time. Anyone else in?

Steve suggested Giordano's right down Higgins, which seems like a damn fine idea.

Alan

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

:o

Alan

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I'm in. thumbsup2.gif

Who's coming to this show? Anybody interested in trying to get a forum dinner together Saturday night? Let me know.

We could do something at Gibsons down the street (where last summer's Chicago Con dinner was at) or even head into downtown if people feel adventurous!

you lucky Rhino you...have a good time Steve and bring some nice pages for us to droll!!! wink.giflaugh.gif