• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever found something wrongly priced

24 posts in this topic

i actually read about it in a baseball card collector's monthly publication. the storeowner probably didn't get too far with the police - but he was going to take it to court.

the kid didn't want to give up the card, and the store owner didn't think the kid rightfully owned it - so the two eventually compromised on the charity thing.

yeah - does sound like urban legend - but it actually happened. the reason why the storeowner even NOTICED that the card was missing, was that the kid told his friends, and his friends went to the store asking for the "twelve dollar Nolan Ryan deal".

it just seems kind of strange that anything ever came of it. A 12-year old can't even be tried for any retail contracts as such, which is usually why you see the old "consent or signature of a adult or guardian" disclaimer these days.

The guy at fault was the employee, who is a representative of the store, and if the owner can't train their employees, then tough.

I'm not agreeing with running around trying to low-ball stupid people, but you can't have it both ways. Some kid walks off the street with the same Nolan Ryan card, and the owner buys it for $12, and there's no problem with it. A deal's a deal, as they like to say.... except if it's the owner gets taken. grin.gif

Strange world we live in.

I found a comic shop in Huntsville, Alabama that was going out of business. Funny story, actually: the guy was a real hillbilly, literally missing teeth and speaking with a drawl about how "Weeelll, I guess I's gonna jus focus my work on my construction compny. I don' really know much about runnnig a store."

As I listened to him, he ACTUALLY SAID: "I learnt to read by reading funnybooks. Comics is my education!" (obviously NOT the Alan Moore affecionado).

Anyway, everything in the store was $1. EVERYTHING. Every comic, trade paperback, DVD, etc. I spent all I had. Among them:

X-men 207-230

Amazing Spider Man 301 vf/nm

Punisher #1 and Marvel Knights #1

Punisher vs. Wolverine issues

Origin 2-4

Batman 608 (x4)

Alias 1-18

Elektra 1-12 (which sucked)

A bunch of Bronze Daredevils

haaa, I was at that show! It happened like 10 years ago. The stupid dealer had a teen girl who knew NOTHING about cards hold down the fort for him! Boy, did she hold down the fort. grin.gif