• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burntboy vs. Valiantman : Showdown

38 posts in this topic

"There can be only one."

Good luck guys, you have outwitted, outplayed and outlasted your competition (and maybe even outgraded them too, unless they really just sucked going head to head with you guys)!

Thanks again to Nikos for putting this competition on! headbang.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I can't believe I guessed that one! It was like Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.

Here's the guess I sent to nikos...

"Wow, this one was tough... 9.4-9.6 on the front cover, 7.0-7.5 on the back cover,

so I guess 8.5, which is "right down the middle". 893crossfingers-thumb.gif "

yay.gif

P.S. Thanks to Nikos for such a fun tournament... 893applaud-thumb.gif

(Looking back, I would have lost to Burntboy in the Final Four! Thank you "random seeding") flowerred.gif

WE HAVE A WINNER

Burntboy - 9.2 vs Valiantman - 8.5

6answer.jpg

congratulations Greg!!!!!!!

with the way the books were turning up, no way i was going lower than a 9.0 on this one. would be curious as to whether they decided it was the impact creases along the BC ULC or the bleed-thru of the interior cover onto the back cover that hammered this pretty book.

Geez i kinda feel like poor Seton Hall back in 1989 beating Indiana, UNLV and Duke to get to the finals only to lose to Michigan. May never have the chance to be in this position again........... frown.gif

Thank you "random seeding") flowerred.gif

Yup... that's the one thing I'd change if we were ever so fortunate to do this again.

Congrats to Valiantman... and all of you other blokes that made it into the round of sixteen! 893applaud-thumb.gif

flowerred.gif Seriously, you had a better record throughout the tournament,

and I'd prefer your skill over my luck in the long run.

(I missed round one by two grades, for cryin' out loud!) blush.gif

Burntboy is a great guy! (As if we didn't know that already!) 893applaud-thumb.gif

WE HAVE A WINNER

Burntboy - 9.2 vs Valiantman - 8.5

with the way the books were turning up, no way i was going lower than a 9.0 on this one. would be curious as to whether they decided it was the impact creases along the BC ULC or the bleed-thru of the interior cover onto the back cover that hammered this pretty book.

Geez i kinda feel like poor Seton Hall back in 1989 beating Indiana, UNLV and Duke to get to the finals only to lose to Michigan. May never have the chance to be in this position again........... frown.gif

But on the plus side, Seton Hall is now undefeated in that tournament thanks to the wiping of Michigan's records following the booster scandal!

In any event, there will be a thorough investigation into any eligibility violations by any of the contestants. In fact, JC has been appointed 'Special Prosecutor' (either that or he's 'Especially Persecuted', I can't really make out the faxed press release). makepoint.gif

Burntboy is a great guy! (As if we didn't know that already!) 893applaud-thumb.gif

I do not buy it V-Man. 893naughty-thumb.gif

You were shooting darts.. just like the rest of us. And you just happen to hit the bullseye darn near every time?

Uh..huh.. luck...sure.. it was luck.

While luck was indeed a part of guessing what CGC might have graded a book by looking at a scan only.

You managed to do it better then all the rest.

Take a bow....and accept your darn accolades!!!

You got skillz.

And Harry...you are still better then all of us but 1.. and that aint to shabby.

So you will not get flowerred.gif from me.. You whupped us all but good, and had one helluva run.

Congrats to you both. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Now when will the real March Madness begin?

( Nikos.. ..............Flink said she has a whole box of CGC low grade comics you can use in the next round if ya wanna mix it up)

Ze-

I do not buy it V-Man. 893naughty-thumb.gif

You were shooting darts.. just like the rest of us. And you just happen to hit the bullseye darn near every time?

Uh..huh.. luck...sure.. it was luck.

While luck was indeed a part of guessing what CGC might have graded a book by looking at a scan only.

You managed to do it better then all the rest.

Take a bow....and accept your darn accolades!!!

You got skillz.

And Harry...you are still better then all of us but 1.. and that aint to shabby.

So you will not get flowerred.gif from me.. You whupped us all but good, and had one helluva run.

Congrats to you both. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Now when will the real March Madness begin?

( Nikos.. ..............Flink said she has a whole box of CGC low grade comics you can use in the next round if ya wanna mix it up)

Ze-

What he said thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

The reason I sold my 9.0 copy a few months ago was because I thought this copy was much nicer, until I got it back foreheadslap.gif