• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

29 posts in this topic

Tom Cruise for the second summer in a row has put out a better action/sci fi flick than any superhero movie. Avengers 2 was dang close but I have to give the nod to Mr Cruise. Dang that dude knows how to make a movie

Cap 2 was amazing but I preferred edge of tomm by a hair. Guardians was good IMO but i don't consider it in the same class as the 2 previously mentioned. I'm probably the minority on that movie. My top 3 last summer : eot, cap 2, xmen dofp

Just got back from this...

Got to say... Really enjoyable film!! Yeah it's an IM film but it had great action, a followable plot, and great performances from everyone. In particular Rebecca Ferguson!! She was really great.

In fact I'd go as far to say, this is second behind the first one.

Genuinely good film.

Go see it.

• Mission: Impossible (1996): $45,436,830 opening (2015: $69,107,420)
  • Mission: Impossible II (2000): $57,845,297 opening (2015: $80,163,101)
  • Mission: Impossible III (2006): $47,743,273 opening (2015: $56,514,679)
  • Mission: Impossible IV (2011): $12,785,204 opening (2015: $13,563,835)

Can MI5 achieve the records of the past? It definitely has exceeded MI4 already.

You can't count MI: 4 as a comp because it had a limited release opening weekend.

That $13.5 million inflation-adjusted opening was made at just 425 theaters vs. 3,000+ theaters for each of the other installments (including this one).

It made well over double that amount its second weekend, after it went to wide release.

You can't count MI: 4 as a comp because it had a limited release opening weekend.

That $13.5 million inflation-adjusted opening was made at just 425 theaters vs. 3,000+ theaters for each of the other installments (including this one).

It made well over double that amount its second weekend, after it went to wide release.

Thanks for sharing these details, as I was wondering why it was so low when Ghost Protocol was a really good movie. Even hit $695 MM before any inflation adjustment. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie.

• Mission: Impossible (1996): $45,436,830 opening (2015: $69,107,420)
  • Mission: Impossible II (2000): $57,845,297 opening (2015: $80,163,101)
  • Mission: Impossible III (2006): $47,743,273 opening (2015: $56,514,679)
  • Mission: Impossible IV (2011): $12,785,204 opening (2015: $13,563,835)

Can MI5 achieve the records of the past? It definitely has exceeded MI4 already.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tom-cruise-mission-impossible-box-office-1201554352/#

Thank you for posting this.

:foryou:

I'm looking forward to see what the final numbers will be tomorrow afternoon. Right now, folks are ranking the Mission Impossible movies like this:

1. MI: Rogue Nation

2. MI: Ghost Protocol

3. MI

4. MI:3

5. MI:2

Thank you for posting this.

:foryou:

I'm looking forward to see what the final numbers will be tomorrow afternoon. Right now, folks are ranking the Mission Impossible movies like this:

1. MI: Rogue Nation

2. MI: Ghost Protocol

3. MI

5. MI:2

My rankings would be (sans Rogue Nation)

1. Ghost Protocol (what a surprise)

2. MI3 (Hoffman was a superb baddie)

3. MI1 (DePalma fan)

4. MI2 (if you like lots of doves and slo-mo gunfights, this is the movie for you)

All were enjoyable. Can't wait to catch Rogue Nation.

BOX OFFICE (Saturday Update): 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Ascends to $55M Debut

Saturday Update: Paramount reports that Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation earned a solid $20.3 million on opening day Friday, including Thursday night's $4 million start. Yesterday's bow was almost 4 percent stronger than 2011's Rise of the Planet of the Apes ($19.5 million), which also opened in early August. Rogue's first day take is also 22 percent higher than Mission: Impossible III's $16.6 million bow in May 2006, which adjusts to a comparable $20.6 million using 2015 ticket prices. Early word of mouth for the fifth installment in the series is excellent as the pic boasts an "A-" CinemaScore and a 93 percent Flixster user score, one of the three best day-after-release scores among all 2015 releases -- and that's on top of its excellent 93 percent rating from critics. Beyond the film's strong reviews, goodwill from the previous blockbuster installment (Ghost Protocol) is carrying over here. We fully expect long legs throughout the remainder of summer. BoxOffice is projecting an opening weekend around $55 million for the Tom Cruise vehicle.

Although the final numbers need to be tallied...

BOX OFFICE MOJO: 5th 'Mission' Phenomenal

Powered by the Energizer bunny energy of the seemingly inexhaustible Tom Cruise, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation pulled in $56M for the weekend, taking #1 at the box office. It's a good start for the $150M, fifth installment in the now-rejuvenated M:I series that seems to be have been carried, uphill, on Cruise's back.

The success of the film also adds a counter-example to the "Where Are the Box-Office Stars??" articles queued up at entertainment outlets everywhere.

Domestic: $56,000,000 (46.3%)

Foreign: $65,000,000 (53.7%)

Worldwide: $121,000,000

I am in the huge minority as #2 was my favorite, I little bit slower than the others, more like the original TV show.

The even numbers are my favorite

1. MI:2

2. MI:4

3. MI:5

5. MI:1 will always rank last you never make the main hero from the series the main villain in the film just a huge smack in the face to the fans of the original series

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION Continues to Dominate International Box Office

After two solid weeks atop the North American box office, Paramount's Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation finally had to cede its top spot to F. Gary Gray's critically acclaimed biopic Straight Outta Compton, which debuted to an impressive $56 million domestically and continued Universal's banner year. However, internationally, Tom Cruise & the IMF are still going strong as the Chris McQuarrie-directed action sequel finished #1 overseas for the third week in a row after pulling in a solid $46 million, which brought its worldwide total to approximately $373.4 million with major releases in Italy, Venezuela, Greece, and China still on the way.