• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is photoshopping a slab scan ever OK?

134 posts in this topic

Maybe he didn't have a scan handy. Maybe he liked the colors of that scan better. Maybe (thumbs u

Who cares? He wasn't trying to sell the book and he wasn't doing anything shady.

hm

And you know this, how?

If used for bad intentions. (tsk)

If not, it's your book. Do what you want.

You really believe this? :screwy:

Wow. meh

I'm getting a T shirt made:

"I photoshop scans." :D

Please tell me what possible purpose you think this serves? Just one.

That is why I gave choices - I don't know his reasoning. I do trust him. And I did say he wasn't selling the book and he wasn't using it for Registry purposes. He said he owns the book and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he does.

I don't know why he used a scan with an altered serial number. I AM saying who cares?

There are days I put in certification numbers in CGC's verification and NONE come back. Is that tool ever even updated? doh!

If used for bad intentions. (tsk)

If not, it's your book. Do what you want.

You really believe this? :screwy:

Wow. meh

I'm getting a T shirt made:

"I photoshop scans." :D

Please tell me what possible purpose you think this serves? Just one.

Photoshopping scans?

That is why I gave choices - I don't know his reasoning. I do trust him. And I did say he wasn't selling the book and he wasn't using it for Registry purposes. He said he owns the book and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he does.

I don't know why he used a scan with an altered serial number. I AM saying who cares?

There are days I put in certification numbers in CGC's verification and NONE come back. Is that tool ever even updated? doh!

Uh, so you can't name one reasonable purpose, can you? hm

Uh, so you can't name one reasonable purpose, can you? hm

Because he wanted to. :)

I never said I could name a purpose for Pinkythecollector throwing up a scan with an altered serial number.

I gave several reasons why I've altered scans.

Before I had a scanner, I used to find nice looking scans of Modern books I had and cut and paste the numbers to use my serial number over the actual books serial number. I just liked the way the scan of the book looked rather than my pathetic photo of the book. I did this for my Registry Set. It wasn't anything nefarious. I just liked having a scan for "my" book. One Revival #1 9.8 = any Revival #1 9.8. (shrug)

Is photoshopping a slab scan ever OK?

The answer is: No, never.

I've photoshopped the hell out of some of my scans in my sig line and of my books. For instance, have you ever tried to scan a big black cover like The Crow #1 or Rachel Rising #1. It oftentimes comes out like mess. I'll literally just color in the black areas with black paint. :D That's how the book looks in real life, that's how the scan should look.

I also scan books right side up and upside down then cut and paste certain sections to lose glare on the CGC case from the scanner.

Here were two more reasons I STILL play around with scans of my books.

There is an opening? Which one quit?

Your comment was unexpected. I expected the comment but from someone else. I assume since you made the comment that there must be a reason other then simply wanting the topic in CG.

the truthful answer is I'm tired... Seeing a new thread created to give opposing parties a chance to insult each other more just doesn't seem like a thread that belongs in modern...it's a train wreck and it was made to be so.it seems to be more of a collecting behavior and not about modern comic books.and you are correct I am NOT a mod.and if I'm wrong about this thread I will apologize later.it does get old sometimes and tonight I feel that way..I'm usually not even bothered by this stuff (shrug)

I don't like the photoshop fake book creation, but the best reason to do it (and perhaps the only reason I can see) is, as Austin Powers would say, "for and giggles Baby". JoJo The Monkey Boy wants his shiny new plaything and decides to mock one up to gaze upon until the real thing shows up. 99% of the other alternate dimension reasons seem nefarious, but that one Austin Powers reason is compelling to me, and utterly understandable.

Who knows though? But it isn't worth any more time. The point is moot. (See Claudio, that's how it is used.)

Your comment was unexpected. I expected the comment but from someone else. I assume since you made the comment that there must be a reason other then simply wanting the topic in CG.

the truthful answer is I'm tired... Seeing a new thread created to give opposing parties a chance to insult each other more just doesn't seem like a thread that belongs in modern...it's a train wreck and it was made to be so.it seems to be more of a collecting behavior and not about modern comic books.and you are correct I am NOT a mod.and if I'm wrong about this thread I will apologize later.it does get old sometimes and tonight I feel that way..I'm usually not even bothered by this stuff (shrug)

I appreciate your honesty. (thumbs u

I got your back James. :sumo: