• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pontoon's Boston Comic Con Report 2015

84 posts in this topic

The Boston Comic Con 2015. It was the best of times… it was the worst of times.

As always, I’m trying to hammer this out in-between being dad and having been at the show since 8:00 a.m. so this will come forth in fits and starts. Or spurts. Love comes in spurts I hear, and I love comics. I also love gardening just about as much so we’ll start with the traditional gardening photos. I can hear the collective groan already! Except for Caira. I have to cheat a bit; most of these weren’t taken today or yesterday so they’re not exactly up to the minute, just didn’t have enough time.

This one however is what I saw out the window this morning at 6:00 a.m.. Looks like it’ll be a beautiful day:

BCC_2015_600am.jpg

Our dogwood we planted right when our son came along about 8 years ago:

Yard7.jpg

Walkway with this great peach colored begonia we got this year in the planter:

Yard.jpg

I've become a huge begonia fan, have a hanging purple one as well in the background. No scarlet though. My last name isn't Borock.

Veggies in progress:

Yard3.jpg

Been having trouble with the tomatoes this year, which is very disappointing. Might turn out to be the smallest crop ever. :(

Though the rasperries kicked this season and we had great strawberries, too. There's nothing like being able to walk a few feet from your door and get fresh berries.

Okay. So as a palate cleanser after Uncle Dick’s Cringe-Inducing vacation photos, here a pair of lovely cosplayers:

BCC_2015_BlackCat.jpg

Speaking of cos-play, does everyone know that in a few months Overstreet is putting out the Overstreet Guide to CosPlay?

My zucchini is out of control this year. And although the spring peas were disappointing the string beans have been plentiful and delicious!

Wait, where are we?

Oh, sorry, get to the cosplay.Yeah, that's the ticket...less gardening and more cosplay. Yeah.

Our dogwood we planted right when our son came along about 8 years ago:

Can't believe it's been 8 years. What a lucky boy.

Sorry I missed you. I had to do a quick 'in and out' unfortunately, due to family stuff.

Love comes in spurts I hear,

:blush:

I can hear the collective groan already! Except for Caira.

lol

My zucchini is out of control

ozi8x.jpg

string beans have been plentiful and delicious!

Too many custom title options for a single post.....

I had to do a quick 'in and out'

What the HELL is going on in this thread?!

I had to do a quick 'in and out'

What the HELL is going on in this thread?!

Boston is sexy as heck.