• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Devil in the White City

6 posts in this topic

This true crime story about one of the earliest documented serial killers will be the next collaboration by Martin Scorsese and Leo DiCaprio.

Just finished reading this book. It was great. I would argue the book is less about Holmes than the building of the World's Fair. I guess the movie will have to focus primarily on him though.

This true crime story about one of the earliest documented serial killers will be the next collaboration by Martin Scorsese and Leo DiCaprio.

Just finished reading this book. It was great. I would argue the book is less about Holmes than the building of the World's Fair. I guess the movie will have to focus primarily on him though.

Haven't quite finished the book (been working on it slowly in chunks, 3/4 there now), but I agree and would even add that I think the race to get the World's Fair built in time was far more gripping than the serial killer aspect, but it's a great account all around. Not sure I'd really be interested in a movie which would forego that aspect, as I'm sure this will.

Also, Leo.... ugh. So tired of him being involved in "period pieces".

Reading it, I learned much more about architecture than serial killing, that's for sure :)