• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 but has paper defects aside spine front and back?

26 posts in this topic

My question is if a defect is determined by CGC to be common on a particular issue and is given a free pass, what about the first few that possibly get hammered because the defect was wide-known before it becomes acceptable at CGC?

You identify them, buy them, and resub them.

A la Harbinger #1.

Thanks yeah not white specks. The print stock has shifted inside the casing (i.e. one ply of paper on the cover has been torn and moved). Trying to see whether original seller has any recourse through CGC.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you :wishluck: (thumbs u

Hey guys -

I'm the original seller of this book. Book was subbed without the specks and for some reason during transit to the buyer or over time something has happened to the book in the case. Since the buyer is in Australia I'm trying to figure out what to do next but I will be contacting CGC directly in regard to all this. I actually sold another through eBay last year that came back with the same damage. It looks like the cover stock ink was shifted off during transit due to rubbing perhaps against the inner well. That book is still back in Los Angeles in storage, otherwise I would post pics of the damage right now which is almost identical to what puppet is showing along the front spine.