• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rise of the Female Superhero
1 1

55 posts in this topic

It really is amazing to see how powerful women have become in these last 15 years

Sexy, Smart, Witty, Deep

and Men are just a bunch of meterosexual dufuses

HAhahahaha

As the female speaker at the end of the video says "Step aside guys. Just give up. We're Taking Over"

It really is amazing to see how powerful women have become in these last 15 years

Sexy, Smart, Witty, Deep

and Men are just a bunch of meterosexual dufuses

HAhahahaha

As the female speaker at the end of the video says "Step aside guys. Just give up. We're Taking Over"

I don't know if I'd go that far but it definitely is not a man's world anymore. I saw Mission Impossible this weekend and left wondering how Tom Cruse was looking so old and the woman lead came away looking like a bad-.

The first rule of warfare is to know ur in a WAR

Too many men are ignorant of that fact

But women know. Women know :(

I cannot go a day without reading some piece of propaganda to remind me of the superiority of women

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/08/women-experience-more-pain-after-breaking-up-but-deal-with-it-better-than-men-5332447/

Pure 'Targeted Marketing'. And why not, the blogasphere gobbles it up, propels it right on to mainstream pop culture 'news'.

The war, if there is one, is on female wallets.

I watch something like that and I'm thinking about the Petsmart crowd. About how many pet owners there are out there. About all the money comic publishers are leaving on the table.

Cats rule YouTube. Wake up!! Streaky, Comet and Krypto for the WIN.

That's actually pretty funny, even if I disagree. :)

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying marketers see 'opportunity' based on the reality you're experiencing. Not saying it isn't real. Example: Click

Are 47% of comic book readers female? That seem extremely high considering the percentage of guys you see at comic shops, comic cons and pretty much anything related to comic books.

That's actually pretty funny, even if I disagree. :)

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying marketers see 'opportunity' based on the reality you're experiencing. Not saying it isn't real. Example: Click

Yes. This is another example of THE WAR ON MEN.

Marketers and Liberal Policy Makers in Washington are striving to convince everybody that gender is just a fictitious social construct. That is, there are no biological differences between men and women.

Transsexualism or "Gender Fluidity" is championed as the ideal.

"Girl toys" and "Boy toys" are now just supposed to be toys.

It makes me wonder - when do boys get to be boys ?

Great video, thanks for sharing. I hope we get a few more female members:)

Sharon you're the forum's own Superhero :applause:

Are 47% of comic book readers female? That seem extremely high considering the percentage of guys you see at comic shops, comic cons and pretty much anything related to comic books.

Depends on the shop? The three shops that I frequent quite often have numerous female buyers (easily 50/50 any time I go in there)

Depends on the shop? The three shops that I frequent quite often have numerous female buyers (easily 50/50 any time I go in there)

Wow - I'd say its about 90% guys in the 3 or 4 stores I frequent around Cleveland. I did see one woman walk up and get her pull books but most are there with a guy kind of looking around (bored).

Maybe its a regional thing? One of the stores is owned by a husband and wife combo, and the wife (Karen) tends to be there more often than the husband. She also has an AMAZING comic book art collection (including covers for books that I know people would be chomping at the bit to get)

I wouldn't doubt that it's close to that 47% number, but I'd still hazard a guess that 90% of the comic book revenue is coming from men (not including movies & whatnot). They're still the ones buying high-grade GA/SA/BA or even CA books. They're the ones really worried about getting a 1st print of a key book. Many of the younger fans (and many of the female fans are younger) are just fine with buying digital, buying trades, buying collected editions to read those books. They're still predominantly in the "reader" category rather than the "collector" category.

The issue with that is that the "market" is new books not back issue sales. Marvel/DC/IDW/etc. only care about their sales, they don't care that Action #1 sold for $3.2 million other then to show that people may run out and buy more new books hoping that in a few years their books will be worth that much. So if 47% of readers are female then about 47% of the market is female (thus 47% of Marvel/DC/IDW/ETCs revenue comes from women)

The issue with that is that the "market" is new books not back issue sales. Marvel/DC/IDW/etc. only care about their sales, they don't care that Action #1 sold for $3.2 million other then to show that people may run out and buy more new books hoping that in a few years their books will be worth that much. So if 47% of readers are female then about 47% of the market is female (thus 47% of Marvel/DC/IDW/ETCs revenue comes from women)

How are they getting this number? Polling at comic shops? Phone calling? On-Line surveys?