• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LEGO BATMAN - Will Arnett (Batman), Zach Galifianakis (Joker) (2/10/17)
1 1

77 posts in this topic

I watched this with my son and we both really enjoyed it.  This blows away the Batman character in BVS.  They really did a great job of referencing villains and Batman's past incarnations! 

On 2/11/2017 at 6:22 PM, dpiercy said:

Yes, 4 to 5 year olds is the target audience, honestly.

I'd say the target age was people of all ages. My 4th grader enjoyed it, the missus enjoyed it, younger kids in the audience enjoyed as did the adults I saw and heard, including myself.

On 2/13/2017 at 7:16 PM, Pontoon said:

I'd say the target age was people of all ages. My 4th grader enjoyed it, the missus enjoyed it, younger kids in the audience enjoyed as did the adults I saw and heard, including myself.

Ok, but the music, and there was a lot of it,  was definitely targeting 4 & 5 year olds. New renditions of 80s pop hits sung by children. Arrrrrrgh...I didn't like it.

On 2/13/2017 at 7:16 PM, Pontoon said:
On 2/11/2017 at 6:22 PM, dpiercy said:

Yes, 4 to 5 year olds is the target audience, honestly.

Target age is definitely not only for 4 to 5 year olds. 

Best Batman movie yet! Loads of fun. The Lego movie franchise looks to have a pretty long life

21 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

Target age is definitely not only for 4 to 5 year olds. 

Best Batman movie yet! Loads of fun. The Lego movie franchise looks to have a pretty long life

It was superb! Very funny and stuffed with almost non-stop Lego action. I'll probably go see it again, it was that good.

I wouldn't take my 4 year old though. It's not a movie for young kids and it's a bit loud.

15 minutes ago, Batman said:

It was superb! Very funny and stuffed with almost non-stop Lego action. I'll probably go see it again, it was that good.

I wouldn't take my 4 year old though. It's not a movie for young kids and it's a bit loud.

What about 9 year olds?

If there is one creative team that has figured out how to make an entertaining comic book movie, it is Seth Grahame-Smith and Chris McKay. What a super film that also is packed full of funny lines.

My kids watch this movie repeatedly. Not to say I don't mind getting another chance to watch this again. And it takes some talent to make every character in a film worth watching, including Phyllis the Phantom Zone caretaker. A simple LEGO brick, with multiple color attachments.

It's incredible how many characters and references from comic books they masterfully inserted into this movie without it becoming a distraction. Even with Phyllis she reveals that she only cares for the Phantom Zone, and that she works for the real boss of this region. That's straight out of the comic books.