• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Cover Undergrounds?

3 posts in this topic

I have a double cover Psychotic Adventures Illustrated #1, 1st print. Outer cover is a 6.0, inner is 9.2-9.4 (could be a 9.8 with a press, but i don't know how doable that is on a double cover).

Does the underground market appreciate/value double covers? Any point in slabbing this given that it will be a 70s book and be expensive? Doesn't seem like many of these otherwise inexpensive books get slabbed in the hope of a 9.8 as it seems maybe underground collectors don't care about 9.4 vs. 9.8?

I definitely collect double cover undergrounds, as do many other underground collectors. I also collect cover error books, books that have run out of certain colors doing the printing process, creating many interesting looking variations.

I don't know about slabbing the book. There are quite a few in the underground comix collecting field who have a extreme dislike of the idea of slabbing books.

Also, the book itself (Psychotic Adventures Illustrated #1) is a fairly common underground. If you're looking to resell, I don't know if slabbing the book would add much value to it for a lot of collectors.