• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

45 posts in this topic

I have a graded #181 but keeping it in hope to arrange a trade/partial trade for a FF#1.

It’s been the right time to grade my #181 and my New Mutants #98, but FF#1 still remains an expensive book for me: I feel uncomfortable in having a single book on which I’d have spent so much. :(

I totally understand where you're coming from. To me, I feel weird having that money saved from other books and then deciding to throw down that much on one single book. Best of luck on your FF! Wonderful book

Thanks to both, but actually it’s not chiefly what you underlined: it’s the very same fact of having so much money "freezed" on a single book. Quality is there in the same degree in an astounding quantity of books in my Marvel collection: FF#1 is such a landmark that I "have to have it", but I am still reluctant to pay the prices, even for a lowgrade copy.

So far I have just a single book which is in the 2K range in my collection, and it is an italian Disney book which I value at the same degree of FF#1, but I managed to get it when it costed less and obtained it through a partial trade.

You’ll be glad to have the #181, it’s still affordable and if you love Wolverine it’s a "must have": I am a Hulk fan and I can do without it, but still I would have loved to keep it, as any other Marvel age book. :)