• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEO Comic Con - Strongsville, OH - This Sunday 8/16/15

18 posts in this topic

"The NEO Comic Con is just days away, Sunday, Aug. 16, at the Holiday Inn, 15471 Royalton Road, (Ohio 82), just off the I-71 exit for Strongsville.

The show runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $3, kids under 12 and anyone in costume gets in free."

Short little local show that I may hit up for a couple hours. No big name artists but hopefully the local dealers with have a couple new books.

I ended up getting squeezed in so I'll be selling at this one. I've only got a 6' table but I'll bring some books to blow out before the Baltimore Con.

Just noticed this is from last years Con lol The second year looks to be even bigger and will happen this Sunday (8/14/16). I've got a few free passes so let me know if you are thinking about attending.

Used the lovely search function to see if there was a post on this event and this is what I got !

Once I saw "8/16" I must have stopped - as August 2016 and NeoCON was enough to make me bump last years notice ! doh!

-bc

This was a pretty good show last year. I am looking forward to it for this year. Definitely better than the standard Harper fest.

Good to hear - I've set up at two Harper shows this year and its been back to back wastes of time. I've got this one then Baltimore and then finishing up the year at the Akron Comic Con so hopefully this will be a start of a good batch of Cons.

Will probably take my grandsons. Should be fun getting around with a double stroller.

Stop by my booth and your grandkids get a free $1 book. Some great 90's books to choose from:)

Winding down after a busy day at the NEO Con. A massive amount of buyers thru the doors and I did about 13x my booth fee in books sold. Not too shabby considering I left all my higher prices wall books at home and filled my wall of typical $10 books. The $1 books did very well whereas the $10 wall books did pretty poorly. Overall a good day of selling books and I'll be back next year.

This was the 1st Con where I had a ton of people asking "have any new books" and had nearly nobody asking for keys. No request for IH 181, BA 12 or NM 98 but had at least 5 request for recent books or variants. Sign of the times?

I took almost no pictures at the Con but here is my set up:

IMG_3258_zpsfokz9pgj.jpg

IMG_3259_zpssuh60a6p.jpg

I pretty much took all my $8 - $15 books and made them all $10. Obviously no big Keys and ended up selling about 25 of the 225 I brought with me. I'd say 80-85% of people didn't even bother to look at the wall but concentrated on the $1 books and the $5 TPB box. I must have had 50-60 people flip thru the $5 TPB box so there definitely is a local market for TPBs in the price range. I was able to move the $5 box up on the table from the floor so that helped.

This was a pretty good show last year. I am looking forward to it for this year. Definitely better than the standard Harper fest.

I did a bit better then my last couple Harper shows but not enough for me to crow about. The crowds were definitely in attendance and there was some buyers in the house but I'd say there was pretty much the exact same sellers as the last Harper show. Definetely felt like a stale batch of inventory and I ended up only buying a ASM 300 even though I was there an hour early to do some buying.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the turnout (I was there from around 11 to 12:30) and it was "comfortably" full.

Pretty much raided the last of the Pre-Hero Marvels from this areas dealers :)

Always good to see you Andrew ! Glad to hear it was a profitable day !

-bc

I did a bit better then my last couple Harper shows but not enough for me to crow about. The crowds were definitely in attendance and there was some buyers in the house but I'd say there was pretty much the exact same sellers as the last Harper show. Definetely felt like a stale batch of inventory and I ended up only buying a ASM 300 even though I was there an hour early to do some buying.

I didn't end up making it up there because I was in Pittsburgh for Steel City on Thursday and Friday and knew I was leaving for Chicago in a few days. I am glad you did well and it had a nice turnout. Sucks that it was the same stale NEO inventory. I wish we could do something about that. Must be a bunch of hoarders in our area that don't want to sell back collections to any of the local dealers or shops.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the turnout (I was there from around 11 to 12:30) and it was "comfortably" full.

Pretty much raided the last of the Pre-Hero Marvels from this areas dealers :)

Always good to see you Andrew ! Glad to hear it was a profitable day !

-bc

Great seeing you again also and thanks for letting me see those pre-hero gems you picked up. I'll keep my eyes open for any that I see floating around.

I didn't end up making it up there because I was in Pittsburgh for Steel City on Thursday and Friday and knew I was leaving for Chicago in a few days. I am glad you did well and it had a nice turnout. Sucks that it was the same stale NEO inventory. I wish we could do something about that. Must be a bunch of hoarders in our area that don't want to sell back collections to any of the local dealers or shops.

Have any luck picking up books at Steel City? I like the list of celebrities but the selection of books at the NEO Con was actually better there then at the last Steel City Con I attended.

Not sure how we can get more 1st time sellers at the various Cons but I do know the next Cons sell out pretty much the second the last one is finished. The big guys are buying up 3-4 booths and must be making decent cash since they reup lightning quick at each Con.