• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil's Sky-Walker

6 posts in this topic

I remember this issue as well. DD was a regular title of mine back in the day despite long stretches where the the stories were just not very good or just flat out boring. This guy came and went and I never batted an eye. Half his rogues gallery felt that uninteresting and disposable in the mid '70s with Bullseye being the only standout. Well, so did Copperhead I thought, but he got killed off pretty quickly.

Yeah, I'll give you that. DS was an important villain and one that showed up frequently, but I didn't think he was really great or compelling. At least not until issue 158 when Mckenzie explained the whole back drop and injected a dash of tragedy to make him interesting. Up to that point, he was just another dark caped sterotype. As demonstrated in this issue with the silly mirror gun, he was more of an annoyance that showed up every now just to get his crazy scheme of defeating DD quashed. I wonder if it was really Miller that finally made DS interesting just before the character's demise. I know Mckenzie was the writer at the time, but character became a whole helluvalot more interesting over night in his last appearance.

Yeah, I'll give you that. DS was an important villain and one that showed up frequently, but I didn't think he was really great or compelling. At least not until issue 158 when Mckenzie explained the whole back drop and injected a dash of tragedy to make him interesting. Up to that point, he was just another dark caped sterotype. As demonstrated in this issue with the silly mirror gun, he was more of an annoyance that showed up every now just to get his crazy scheme of defeating DD quashed. I wonder if it was really Miller that finally made DS interesting just before the character's demise. I know Mckenzie was the writer at the time, but character became a whole helluvalot more interesting over night in his last appearance.

I agree completely.