• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlton comics: the movie trailer shown at CTComicon

10 posts in this topic

Ha - very cool! I love Charlton books :)

They get a bad rep for terrible production problems but some of the covers are freaking awesome. I can't believe they used original art to keep paint off the floor!

They get a bad rep for terrible production problems but some of the covers are freaking awesome. I can't believe they used original art to keep paint off the floor!

A lot of great covers. Sadly, the interiors are often a whole lot of bleh.

that's what i don't get. some OA was worth something in the early 70s/late 60s. sure, the insides of the charlton comics were worthless as the art was terrible, but some of those nice covers would have been worth something. my friend who was going to shows in the early 70s in NYC (and in the late 60s if there were any...he was going to pulp shows then) bought a SHIELD Steranko splash for $100 back then...real money...and Barks paintings were worth something. why didn't they have any foresight? kirby was able to have DC back 8 titles or something in the early 70s based on his name alone, didn't people assume his OA was worth something too?