• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

14 posts in this topic

I think just 13 Hours would have sufficed for the title. Also, Ridley Scott or Kathryn Bigelow would have been my choice to direct this adaptation of the book which was co-written by members of the security team involved in the attack.

But they got Michael Bay. I'll still give it a shot.

Looks good. And if '13 Hours' can pull anywhere near the numbers Clint Eastwood managed it will be wildly successful.

There seems to be pent up demand for real-life heroics, so the director, quality and somehow managing to lose the audience is the wildcard.

Never thought I would say this about a Michael Bay flick but it was excellent. The sound effects from the firefight actually sounded right instead of sounding Hollywood. I still hate him.

lol

Michael Bay isn't fit to hold Kathryn Bigelow's jockst......er.....sports bra?

Glad to hear you liked it. Between Bay and the curious casting of the guy from The Office I figured it didn't have a shot at even being watchable.

It really worked as a simple anatomy of a modern firefight. No overdramatized heroics. The scene where they are recovering a body by pushing him off the roof to save time is heartbreaking.

Much like Blackhawk Down.

I don't mind Bay, the worst thing I can say about him is that he's found a way to make an incredible amount of money.

I LOVE The Rock, and both Bad Boys movies.

Bigelow is a fine filmmaker, I liked Point Break and when I was younger felt Strange Days was really interesting, but like I've felt that some of her recent stuff, which is acclaimed, are kind of boring.

Surprisingly good movie. I like Michael Bay's lower budget stuff. This and Pain & Gain were both really good IMO.

Pain and Gain was great. I haven't seen 13 hours yet, but will be trying to make time for it.

Seems that his low-budget "passion projects" are where his filmmaking actually shines. Sure, he can make spinny twisty brain-dead explosion-fests as well as anyone (and a whole lot dumber), but he's a very good filmmaker when he's on a passion project.