• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL COMICS # 1 PAGE,....any predictions ?

28 posts in this topic

No idea but how about through the roof. Are there any other pages that are know to exist? Do we know the current owner?

This is the only page known to exist. It surfaced about 2 years ago, when Mike Burkey found it in New York. He sold it for 125K soon thereafter. I don't believe it has traded hands since. Hence, the reserve will undoubtedly be somewhat more than that......

It is the most historic piece of comic art ever to surface.

Best,

Hari,

Mike Burkey really made out well it seems. 125 K is a sweet price,..yes its historic but the image is OK. Now the X-men # 1 Complete interior that JP has,...

does he still have that or was that a consignment ? His asking price of 750 K a couple of years ago now seems pretty fair 40K a page times 23 pages,...920 K,...still room to make a nice profit !

It is the most historic piece of comic art ever to surface.

...and will look great on the restroom wall of Metro's offices.

Oh no.... it can't go there! That spot is reserved for the famous Hulk/Wolverine cover to What If? #31 smile.gif

Best,

Hari,

Mike Burkey really made out well it seems. 125 K is a sweet price,..yes its historic but the image is OK. Now the X-men # 1 Complete interior that JP has,...

does he still have that or was that a consignment ? His asking price of 750 K a couple of years ago now seems pretty fair 40K a page times 23 pages,...920 K,...still room to make a nice profit !

I think Mike made a tidy profit on that transaction, possibly even doubling his money. But, the piece is worth it from a historic standpoint. I wouldn't personally want it at anywhere near that price, though. My interests are mostly Silver, some Bronze, and mainly Copper... and that's where I put my money these days.

Regarding X-Men #1 pages... who knows what they should/would sell for? Pages from X-Men #2 sell for around 10K these days (the decent ones, at least). I could see #1 pages at 20-25K? I'd buy one at that price, for sure.

Best,