• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Is Heating Up! by clouded9

5 posts in this topic

For a reason other than the fact I'm in Texas.

I had to take nearly a 6 month hiatus from picking up any silver or golden age books for my collection as I needed to divert some funds to help out a family member who was in a tough spot. I limited myself for the past half year to only buying my modern reading material. Now that family is squared away I felt I needed to make up for my collecting downtime by picking up a few of the bigger books I've been itching to pick up or upgrade to. Mission Accomplished!

16850.jpg

See more journals by clouded9

Wow. Just wow. Amazing additions to an already fantastic collection. Congrats James, and it shows great character putting family first like that. (thumbs u

:hi: Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for the kind words my man. I'm pretty excited to have picked up these books. It's a bit surreal actually.

In regards to putting family first, it's a no brainer as I'm sure you would agree. In fact, I was raised to believe that if you encounter someone in need, anyone, and have the means to help then there is no discussion to be had. You just do it and, if your lucky, someday you may just leave the world a little better than when you came into it.

Yea,

those are big books. When do you think you will get the X-Men 1 graded? and what do you think it will grade?

The book is currently on it's way to get graded, but I thought about keeping it raw. Majority of my collection is raw actually, but I get my more expensive books slabbed for the added protection and the fact that it's easier to quantify the value of the books to my insurance company that covers my collection.

I have it at a 3.5 - 4.0. Eight other boardies gave their opinion on the grade in the grading forum based on high res front, back, and interior images. Here is what they came up with:

Three @ 3.0

One @ 3.5

Four @ 4.0

Average Grade: 3.5 (3.5625)

This book has NOT been pressed.

If it comes back at least a 3.0 I'll be very satisfied given what I paid for it. :wishluck: