• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Biggest eBay Auction Steal

28 posts in this topic

I picked up an absolutely awesome copy of ASM 42 in NM+ condition for less than $80, raw. I was shocked when it showed up in such great condition. Also, it was shipped only in a padded envelope with a thin backing board. Could have been ruined!

Mike

well i won an adventure in the dc universe annual#1 cgc 9.8 for 99 cents from collector84 back in dec,but still have not received yet.although he said its on its way.i dont even really know anything about the book but for 99 cents for a cgc 9.8 is pretty good.i won a daredevil vol2 #26 cgc 9.9 for 39.99 and so far its the only 9.9 for a while anyway.last week i won another daredevil vol2 #7 cgc 9.8 for $13.but i would rather not talk about some of the books i have over spended on confused.gif

Star Wars 1 35 cent variant for $225. Came back slabbed a 9.2. Sold for $1400. That buyer tried to sell it again, did not meet reserve at $3049.

Before everybody else, all the 30 cent variants. The tough ones.

Early on, bargains were EVERYWHERE. Not anymore!

I have a couple... My favorite was a Marvel Premiere 15 I got raw for like $7. The sellers had like a dozen negs out of 100 sales, but I noticed they were all from one buyer. They called the book VF-NM, and most of their other sales (and purchases) were CGC stuff. Got the book and sent it in and it got a 9.4. The other was a trio of old original Xmens (in the 20s, I remember one was the Spidey x-over). There was no pic, and they were listed under books, not comics. The seller described them as being in "very nice shape for books of their age" She was a newbie seller, and not a comic seller, but sold mainly antique books so I figured she would have some idea how to grade a comic. I picked up the 3 for something like $15. When I got them, they looked like F+ to VF- so I put them on consignment at my friend's shop. Got $60 for the Spidey and $35 apiece for the other 2 in less than a week.

Great thread.

My best ebay comic find: A complete run of allegedly NM Iron Fists for $160 INCLUDING 35 cent variants of 13 (NM) and 14(VF/VF-).

My best online comic find- Donald Duck's Atom Bomb w/ the entire series and original mailer all in solid NM-$45..

My best non-comic find: for $5 a pre-Warner Bros. Elmer Fudd LSC copyright drinking glass (one of only three known to exist) (check out my website ).

PS: If anyone has ever seen any glasses similar to this, let me know. I'm interested in picking up any of these.