• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - FF #36

10 posts in this topic

From an OO collection, I bought this in the 90's.

There's some weird sort of stain on the cover like maybe someone tried to wipe off the glue from a price sticker or something got stuck on it. The stain doesn't go through to the inside of the cover though. I don't think it's a printing error. Also note the big crease at the lower right of the cover.

FF36-fc.jpg

FF36-bc.jpg

What do you think?

The big crease probably does not allow it to be above a FN+, but very nicely presenting.

I am frustrated by this book, as I have an high grade copy but I don’t like the register of colors in some of the inside pages, and then I have a 5.5 or so… None of them is how I would like it to be, and now they are too expensive to purchase more… :P

I don’t find this kind of stain much disturbing, but to play safe I would not grade it above a FN, as CGC usually hammer stains.

I would buy it as a FN+, and I would consider it nice for the grade, but I have no idea on how CGC would treat it. This is a book on which subjective elements can overcome technical grading, one might not like the stain, or the large crease, but personally I find it an attractive copy. :)

Is it a stain or a tape pull? Looks like there's stress around the top left side of it.

Either way, I would call it a 4.5/5.0, but I would also caution that I have seen CGC HAMMER books with stains.