• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASSASSIN'S CREED starring Michael Fassbender (12/21/16)

75 posts in this topic

Michael Fassbender Says Assassin's Creed Uses Practical Effects, Real Sets and Stunts

"There's very little green screen in this, which is highly unusual in these films," he said. They took filming to on-location sets in Spain and Malta, alongside London, and that meant stunts that will mirror the amazing feats seen in the videogame franchise from Ubisoft.

"We have stunt guys jumping across buildings in Valletta," in Malta, he explained. The signature motion from the games, though, is the "leap of faith," where with an eagle cry, the assassin jumps from a tall building, usually into a barrel of straw. Well, we'll see that, too.

"We've got Damian Walters doing a 120-foot leap of faith, without any rope, into a bag," he said. "It's pretty incredible to see."

Michael Fassbender Says Assassin's Creed Uses Practical Effects, Real Sets and Stunts

"There's very little green screen in this, which is highly unusual in these films," he said. They took filming to on-location sets in Spain and Malta, alongside London, and that meant stunts that will mirror the amazing feats seen in the videogame franchise from Ubisoft.

"We have stunt guys jumping across buildings in Valletta," in Malta, he explained. The signature motion from the games, though, is the "leap of faith," where with an eagle cry, the assassin jumps from a tall building, usually into a barrel of straw. Well, we'll see that, too.

"We've got Damian Walters doing a 120-foot leap of faith, without any rope, into a bag," he said. "It's pretty incredible to see."

Good link, interesting article. I'm glad they're staying away from CGI overload. I love the games (especially the first two)... I'm hesitant to get excited for the film, simply because of the track record associated with video game film adaptations. I'll follow Fassbender anywhere though. Fingers Crossed!

That was quick.

New Regency Preps “Assassin’s Creed” Sequel With Michael Fassbender

The adaptation of the blockbuster video game Assassin’s Creed from New Regency isn’t set to bow until December, but The Tracking Board has learned that the company is officially underway with plans for the sequel, ASSASSIN’S CREED 2. With star Michael Fassbender on board, the stage is set for a new action-adventure franchise starring the two-time Academy Award nominee.

The sequel sees familiar names from the yet-to-be-released title’s production team, with Jean-Julien Baronnet producing for Ubisoft Motion Pictures, Frank Marshall producing through his Kennedy-Marshall Company, while Fassbender and Conor McCaughan will produce through their DMC Films shingle. Matt Phelps will oversee for Ubisoft, while Pam Abdy will oversee for New Regency.

Cinemacon 2016: 20th Century Fox peek at Assassin's Creed

The coolest thing to come out of Fox's panel was without a doubt the first peek at ASSASSIN'S CREED.

Now, I know many of you are skeptical of any videogame adaptation, and rightfully so. But this one has got some serious creative force behind it, most notably with Michael Fassbender (starring and producing) and director Justin Kurzel at the helm. The style, action, and visual acuity to the source material is all on the screen. A look at the film version of the Animus Machine is there, as is a an explanation into how the whole thing works (especially good for those who aren't familiar with the game).

It's got the look and feel of the game in every way, from your rooftop leaps, wrist swords, hard-hitting fights, and time-spanning storyline. It looks sharp as hell and I think everyone will be happy when they get a look. This could end up being a big step forward for the genre if it works and I have a very good feeling that it will. ASSASSIN'S CREED hits on December 21st, 2016.

:whee:

assains-creed-cinemacon.jpg

New Images Of Michael Fassbender In Assassin's Creed

Omelete, a Brazilian entertainment website, has gotten their hands on two new stills of Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Apocalypse) as both Callum Lynch and his 15th century ancestor, Aguilar, in Justin Kurzel's upcoming video game-to-movie adaptation, Assassin's Creed.

assassin-creed-5-181958.jpg

assassin-creed-181959.jpg

I really am hoping this movie helps establish gaming films as a viable solid reference compared to films like Doom, Max Payne (this one had potential) and the follow-up to Hitman. There is plenty of good material out there to be developed.

:wishluck:

First trailer released on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

The soundtrack on the trailer is already being called out as distracting, and someone else created an alternate version with church music instead. Though the title of their version of the trailer is - umm - far from the best choice of words.

CgQMUJE.png

really like the trailer and what they are doing in the movie universe to make it work and not trying to recreat the game. i hated the music choose for the trailer they could have gone with no music at all.

Video game movies are rarely good, and the odds are that this won't be good either. but darn it, I want to watch it! I enjoyed most of the trailer, I even liked the music!

If it goes over 50% on RT, I will watch it!