• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How bad does a rusty staple progress in a CGC holder?

27 posts in this topic

Will that get worse or will it just stay the same? Is it just me or BB28 is truly a hard comic to find without all sorts of issues? Seems like the hardest one of all the books I have purchased so far. I 1st thought Hulk 1 would be hard but then came BB28 that brought it to a whole new level of difficulty (stains, caved in staples on the side pushed into the comic itself and I have even seen some in cgc holders the staples where so bad they simply removed them....I had never seen that on a SA book before).

I think the only other SA that is such a challenge is AF15. That issue seems to have always problems with the front or back cover (chips and missing paper).

In my experience, CGC is far from "great" at notating rusty staples on grader's notes....

If the book is kept in a relatively cool, dry place, the rust SHOULD be in a bit of a holding pattern, theoretically. But the only thing that is for sure is that the rust never gets better. Might take a lifetime, but it will increase at some point.